Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where can I buy, and who can replace?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Where can I buy, and who can replace?

Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
buy a Haynes manual. Its one of the best things to learn with. you can find them at advance auto or pep boys.
Originally Posted by boosted_yota
fuck haynes. chiltons only. haynes skips steps on repair jobs.
Fuck both of those, they're both crap. Don't waste a single penny on anything but a factory Helms manual.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
actionpaintball

actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball

Originally Posted by Justinm91
Thanks. Any other advice? Maybe I should make a general topic for this car fix.

Thank all of you for not being... rude when I asked dumb questions (Like the button, lol) Any repair advice, maybe even precautionary things I might want to replace would be appreciated.

Okay... I called a place to help me, and I either need a new sensor, or speedometer. The speedometer apparently costs 100+... The labor is like, 215. Ouch.
Everything you needed to know was in my initial reply. If you haven't checked to see if the plug itself is corroded or unplugged, and the basic ground and voltages, you are just throwing money at your car.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Justinm91
Registered Member

Justinm91 has disabled reputation

I replied to your reply. I'm car dumb. Could you break the process down, step by step? I'm thinking something may have come loose. It's weird that it worked before, sat for a month, and poof, gone. I just don't know how to check it all, as I said. A diagram would be GREAT!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 PM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

I replied to your reply. I'm car dumb. Could you break the process down, step by step? I'm thinking something may have come loose. It's weird that it worked before, sat for a month, and poof, gone. I just don't know how to check it all, as I said. A diagram would be GREAT!
You will need this

Spoiler

THIS

Spoiler

And this to fix

Spoiler

And you might need a hint of this

Spoiler

Problem fixed.

And why the fuck is this not in the tech section?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Justinm91
Registered Member

It's not in the tech section because I was/still am looking for someone to help me do the work.

Also, congratulations. You win the 'First jackass of the topic' award, now GTFO. I am looking for serious help. Everyone starts somewhere, and for me it happens to be with no mechanic expertise and a in-need-of-repair car. I've always learned best by starting off with something that needs to be done and asking questions, then repairing / doing what needs to be done. I'm cautionary and like to have the BEST idea possible of what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.

If you don't have anything positive or constructive to offer, then don't say anything, please. This is the way I do things, and has always worked, from repairing stereos, to building and repairing computers, and now, hopefully it'll work with this car. It has so far anyways, so please, PLEASE, don't completely kill my desire to hands-on learn about fixing this car.

As for everyone else, again, thank you again for not being assholes. I'm just doing the best I can, and as said before, trying to get all of the information I can before I try and fix this problem.

Thank you.

Last edited by Justinm91; 03-05-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:59 PM
actionpaintball

actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball

Oh no you didn't...OH SNAP...I think the large will last me.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:29 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

It's not in the tech section because I was/still am looking for someone to help me do the work.

Also, congratulations. You win the 'First jackass of the topic' award, now GTFO. I am looking for serious help. Everyone starts somewhere, and for me it happens to be with no mechanic expertise and a in-need-of-repair car. I've always learned best by starting off with something that needs to be done and asking questions, then repairing / doing what needs to be done. I'm cautionary and like to have the BEST idea possible of what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.

If you don't have anything positive or constructive to offer, then don't say anything, please. This is the way I do things, and has always worked, from repairing stereos, to building and repairing computers, and now, hopefully it'll work with this car. It has so far anyways, so please, PLEASE, don't completely kill my desire to hands-on learn about fixing this car.

As for everyone else, again, thank you again for not being assholes. I'm just doing the best I can, and as said before, trying to get all of the information I can before I try and fix this problem.

Thank you.

I like how you edit your original post after the foam got to you. First thing first...you are on vadriven where you BETTER get use to the assholeish post. If you want love go and ask your sister for it. I gave her plenty last night and she probably has some left over in her teeth if you would like a taste(we all know you do). Now that being said.... Let me get this straight.. you pick up a piece of shit car and you are A: too broke to pay someone to fix it or B: too stupid to fix it on your own and more the less you want someone to fix it for free? Gocha...!... Now I understand why you posted it in the 757 section...! Because if you really wanted to fix it yourself you would have posted it in the tech section(where it belongs) am I right? I mean seriously did you really ask someone to make a step by step manual to fix your shit (QFT)
Spoiler

? The lolz at you kid if you think that you are going to get someone to do that w/o you getting chapped lips. Ya dig? Maybe and I mean just maybe if you started a car club you could get someone to do this for you. You should make a new thread asking about it in the 757 section. That should get help with what you need. Just put in title "wanting to join 757 car club".

P.S I will be off the computer almost ALL day so don't expect any reply's from me until later. I will be actually working on cars/trucks(I'm not joking). And no I am not going to give you step by step instructions. But I will tell you tidewater tuning is accepting applications for their car club.

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 03-06-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:30 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

Originally Posted by actionpaintball

Oh no you didn't...OH SNAP...I think the large will last me.

You have NO idea. I am just getting started with this kid.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Justinm91
Registered Member

No, I am NOT too stupid to fix the car. I wasn't asking for the whole job to be done outright, was more looking for ASSISTANCE, especially with THIS because it's a bit harder to fuckin figure out and troubleshoot because I haven't been working on cars my whole god damn life, and I'm not some arrogant shitbag DUE to it.

NOW, as far as too broke, I'm not entirely that either, I'm just trying to save for college AND get this fucking car running so I can GET to college. You know, further my education.. You might want to do that too, because you obviously don't understand English when I said I HAVE NEVER WORKED ON A CAR BEFORE.

NOW, as for the manual, as I fucking said before, which doesn't seem to be getting through your fucking skull, I DON'T WANT TO GO IN WITH HALF THE INFO AND BREAK SOMETHING. For the love of god it's not that hard to understand. Yeah, I understand if they don't want to go that far, and it's fine, I got a repair manual. Now, as I said the fuck before, GTFO I am looking for serious help.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

No, I am NOT too stupid to fix the car. I wasn't asking for the whole job to be done outright, was more looking for ASSISTANCE, especially with THIS because it's a bit harder to fuckin figure out and troubleshoot because I haven't been working on cars my whole god damn life, and I'm not some arrogant shitbag DUE to it.

NOW, as far as too broke, I'm not entirely that either, I'm just trying to save for college AND get this fucking car running so I can GET to college. You know, further my education.. You might want to do that too, because you obviously don't understand English when I said I HAVE NEVER WORKED ON A CAR BEFORE.

NOW, as for the manual, as I fucking said before, which doesn't seem to be getting through your fucking skull, I DON'T WANT TO GO IN WITH HALF THE INFO AND BREAK SOMETHING. For the love of god it's not that hard to understand. Yeah, I understand if they don't want to go that far, and it's fine, I got a repair manual. Now, as I said the fuck before, GTFO I am looking for serious help.

Oh bro I understand english just fine but I still don't understand if you understand english why you would still be asking for help if you have a repair manual. Do you not know how to follow directions? I mean I don't get it..........

Quick Reply: Where can I buy, and who can replace?