Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Locating african cichlid

Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Visualimpact757
Hardly working

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757 Visualimpact757
Default Re: Locating african cichlid

Originally Posted by phyber
Maybe a fish like mine?

i've had him just a few weeks in my new tank. Blood Red Parrot Cichlid.

When I google the exact name u listed, this comes up:

which looks like a cross between a electric blue cichlid and a bumblebee cichlid....idk if you'll have much luck gettn a hybrid like that in shops. My petsmart just got a bunch of bumblebees in.
yea thats what im looking for. Its a different species from those to. I just have yet to see one around here anywhere and no pet store i go to says they can get one. And im very iffy on buying fish online due to the fact they might be DOA and be screwed out of $40 shipping then whatever i pay for the fish.

And i was just trying to stay strictly african cichlids. i like the South american ones but i started with my yellow lab and just something about them i really enjoy. So im sticking to the mother land of africa
Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Big D
where my killa tape

Big D has disabled reputation

all i know is.............. "I bless the rains down in affffffriiiicaaaaaa" .................................................. ...Big D
Old 11-01-2010, 11:55 AM
euro sport
I wupped Batmans ass

euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all

Do Cichlids like to eat their own fry? or other cichlid fry?

I have a 55gal FW tank that currently houses guppies, tetras, and danios. The guppies used to breed like crazy, but I think the danios have been eating the fuck out of some babies. I was thinking of switching over to a cichlid tank in the future.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 PM
According2Me
It's Mr. Nasty Time

According2Me has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Visualimpact757
Hey what's up? I know there are a few people on here that build/take care of aquariums. I been searching all local shops to find a cynotilapia afra cobu "orangeback cichlid" and everytime I bring up the name no one really knows what I'm talking about. Besides online I have yet to see one around. So my question is does anyone know of a good place that could get the fish? I've already checked animal jungle with no luck. Lmk if there r suggestions.
care-a-lot in newport news can order any fish u want
Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 PM
CRANKWALK
®egistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

im gonna stick to blu ray fish videos. i would probably end up with an empty wallet, and an aquarium full of stinky dead fish water
Old 11-03-2011, 04:21 PM
GETitZ
Never Too Fast

GETitZ has disabled reputation

Still looking for an afra? I know exactly where they are and I live in Chesapeake

Sidenote. Green terrors and jacks are much larger than typical Africans and will get along as they are both south American and share a similar size and aggression level.

Always do research before mixing cichlids and while it can be done its always ill advised to mix the 2. Africans usually need different salinity and ph levels..

Pm me if you wanna know where

I'm a marine.bio major and longterm cichlid hobbyist
Old 11-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by GETitZ
Still looking for an afra? I know exactly where they are and I live in Chesapeake

Sidenote. Green terrors and jacks are much larger than typical Africans and will get along as they are both south American and share a similar size and aggression level.

Always do research before mixing cichlids and while it can be done its always ill advised to mix the 2. Africans usually need different salinity and ph levels..

Pm me if you wanna know where

I'm a marine.bio major and longterm cichlid hobbyist
You're also a fucking idiot since this thread is over a year old.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Si Steezo
muziklounge.com

Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Thread title is misleading. I thought OP was looking for a missing African Child.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Daft Punk again.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:07 AM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie
Yeah I agree on the attitudes are different with each fish, its definitely true. I do have a big female albino Oscar in there as well. But ever since the male Oscar died she wants to make any new addition I try to add, dinner So they only thing Ive added since is one of those Convicts, and that thing is really cool. In that tank alone is the Oscar, the Jack, Green Terror, Silver Dollar, Convict, and this silver catfish (hes cool because his feelers are SUPER long) oh and one of those cute spotted Rafael catfishes!

all i can think of is, which one will be tasty sushi.

thread bumper is pure winner.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Otacon
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

I came in here thinking something happened to Halfrican (formerly African Child).

Quick Reply: Locating african cichlid