Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

teggy bogging out

Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 PM
'00_GSR/R
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all
Default Re: teggy bogging out

Originally Posted by Dillweed
I think that hottscennessey bro just got served.
Not on purpose... I was just shocked by that post when the guy has advertisements for tuning........
Old 04-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Puff
Registered Member

Puff has disabled reputation

Bang on the cat with your hand. If the internals are loose, your system is getting plugged.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
hottscennessey
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by '00_GSR/R
Your post doesnt make a lot of sense. What readings are you refering to? For O2 sensors there are a few readings or causes for O2 sensor codes:
Oxygen sensor defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor, Heater circuit malfunction, System Too Lean or Too Rich malfunction in the fuel monitoring systems, and then the Oxygen Sensor high voltage, low voltage, or slow response.

How the **** is unplugging your O2 sensor going to help find the problem? IT PUTS THE CAR INSTANTLY IN LIMP MODE!!!!! (car goes to open loop and a 2500rpm limiter is set)
Are you talking about OBDII? I was refering to OBDI, but I'm pretty sure regaurdless a lack of a O2 sensor on a Honda would not cause a limp mode condition.
The oxygen sensor only adjusts +/- the fuel trim based on the oxygen sensor readings, with out one it would just run the programed fuel map values.

I think you might be reading into my post a little too much, if it narrows things down, great. If not, he can plug it back in. It's not really a big deal.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 AM
'00_GSR/R
Registered Member

'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hottscennessey
Are you talking about OBDII? I was refering to OBDI, but I'm pretty sure regaurdless a lack of a O2 sensor on a Honda would not cause a limp mode condition.
The oxygen sensor only adjusts +/- the fuel trim based on the oxygen sensor readings, with out one it would just run the programed fuel map values.

I think you might be reading into my post a little too much, if it narrows things down, great. If not, he can plug it back in. It's not really a big deal.
Ok Ill explain for OBD1 then... Lack of primary O2 sensor will cause a CEL code 1 "sensor unplugged" which is a hard code and will cause instant limp mode (Ive been there done that).....

Your missing part of the equation MAP, IAT, and O2 readings make up the AFR... When the car runs the "programed fuel map values" is called OPEN LOOP. Thats not okay unless the car is tuned, because then his car will be running rich or lean all the time (mostly rich for safety) until he hits that 2500rpm limiter for limp mode.... You pretty much just took what I said and made it NON-technical...
Old 04-05-2011, 04:07 AM
hottscennessey
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

I don't think you're getting my point.

I've dealt with this multiple times as to know that, first of all, I have never seen an OBDI (p28, p30, P72 ect) ECU have a 2500 limp mode caused by a bad O2 sensor. I'm willing to bet I never will as there is no limp mode caused by a bad O2 sensor.
Second, that a bad O2 sensor can most definitely cause these conditions, hence me suggesting it. In fact, I'm surprised how much fuel compensation the ECU allows because of oxygen sensor readings.

When the car runs the "programed fuel map values" is called OPEN LOOP. Thats not okay unless the car is tuned, because then his car will be running rich or lean all the time (mostly rich for safety)
He said it is a stock LS, the car is tuned from the factory. sure it will run slightly rich for saftey but for diagnostic purposes what I suggested will still work, or he could try it your way and throw parts at the car since he has no CEL to tell him what's wrong with it?

I also realize that this could be a bad Map, Iat, or maybe even TPS, but the fact that he has no check engine light is leading me to believe that none of those are the case. I've seen multiple bad IAT's not throw a CEL, but they havn't made a car bog terribly either.