Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

To rattle can or not to rattle can?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 AM
yanko 15
ig oggggg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15
Default Re: To rattle can or not to rattle can?

i say fuck all these other guys and paint the hell out of it in rattlecan.

then post pictures so all your haters can envy yo ishhhh
Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 AM
JROW
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Save your money for when that turbo kit makes your engine smoke a lot and make funny noises until it locks up. Then you can rattle can it while it sits in your driveway blown up.

Then, after that, you can blast it with piss. Hell, I'll come blast it too.

I was your age once, luckily i couldn't afford a turbo kit then, or i would've been blasting my cars with piss in the driveway too. Then again, I never bought cars that had already been blasted with piss by the previous owner either.

Good luck either way
Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 AM
And2TheRepublic
The Cat's Meow

And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic

Just get a paintbrush after it. Being able to see the brush strokes on the car is soooo holmes on homes.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
CAPSLOCK
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

USE A ROLLER, BAM!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 AM
crznx2000
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

options....

sell car, buy one with GOOD paint.....better solution my opinion

keep car, leave paint the fuck alone....not a bad option, as you will more than likely turn crappy paint into a NEW, crappier looking kind of crappy paint

keep car, paint it using a "50 dollar" roller method, works well if you TAKE YOUR TIME and wetsand.

Things that should NOT be considered

A:Turbo kit while in highschool. while it sounds like a good idea, it will break, blow up, leave you stranded and broke. i dont care how good a job youve got it aint no good if you cant drive there. plus, as expensive as gas is getting, youll hate 93 octane.
B: rattle cans. stupidist move in the world. not that i care, but its the lamest look you can do, but if you like chalk boards and cars that cant be washed, go for it. And really, paint is intended to PROTECT metal....seems people forget this with the primer and flat rattle can paint, because without a clearcoat/sealent, that shit does the oposit...it absorbs moisture. even in the fucking desert. so all around a stupid move if you want your car to last.

point blank, take it from someone whos seen it time and time again, and been there before....if you want a bright future, leave that car alone, save some money, and buy a project car. DO NOT mod your daily. why people have yet to figure this shit out i have NO IDEA. your daily can be the biggest pos ever. who the fuck cares.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 AM
crznx2000
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

id rather take the money and put gas in the damn thing.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:30 PM
aa4baseball
Registered Member

aa4baseball has disabled reputation

God Damn what the fuck is wrong with you people? haha. Im looking for advice. Keep the bull shit off the page. And 9 psi off a t3/t4 isnt going to blow a honda engine with only 50,000 fucking miles "in a couple of months". I guess my age makes me ignorant though right? Thanks to those of you actually tried to give decent advice.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:46 PM
jarrett2k
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

Originally Posted by aa4baseball
God Damn what the fuck is wrong with you people? haha. Im looking for advice. Keep the bull shit off the page. And 9 psi off a t3/t4 isnt going to blow a honda engine with only 50,000 fucking miles "in a couple of months". I guess my age makes me ignorant though right? Thanks to those of you actually tried to give decent advice.
You should probably listen to most of them. No, the turbo itself is not going to blow your engine. However, your right foot will. I was young once too, claim you wont flog it on every chance you get, but you will.

Hell no to the rattle can paint job. You'll probably have just as much money in rattle cans as a 200 dollar Maaco job.

My vote is, sell the turbo junk, get a decent paint job, ride the fuck out of the car and smile knowing it's going to crank every time you turn the key.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by aa4baseball
Just shake it off bro. The spray can idea is probably a bad one. I have seen cars that look good rattle can'ed, but they are few and far between. You really got to put time into it.

9 PSI is kinda a lot for stock LS with a T3/T4.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:54 PM
aa4baseball
Registered Member

aa4baseball has disabled reputation

Last edited by aa4baseball; 04-30-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Picture wouldn't show up

Quick Reply: To rattle can or not to rattle can?