Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Just got my zx6r NEED HELP

Old 03-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Just got my zx6r NEED HELP

even the fram should be identical to the OEM, although i would not use FRAM... but sounds like they gave you the wrong filter, it should look exactly like the one on your bike, the color might be different but that should be it
Old 03-28-2004, 07:04 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

yea i would yank that fram off of there quick! they use paper endcaps that are known to break down and get particles in your oil! also their seals suck and so does the actual filter, the worst filter you can actually buy..

the cheapest i have found that is still good is STP, they are like $6 and arent the BEST filter, but are fine for me since im just breakin in my engine and change my oil rather quickly..
Old 03-28-2004, 07:39 AM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

no no Im not suggesting fram or sayin that is what he has on his bike but that is the onlynumber i could remember. Thought he might have been able to cross it to an STP # maybe.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:37 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

gotcha