Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Can someone please explain to me

Old 09-23-2004, 12:13 PM
3xNakedCall
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall
Default Re: Can someone please explain to me

There are so many stupid "rules" in the neighborhood I live in here. Here's an example of some of them:

- Must have at least $2,000 worth of landscaping visible from the front of the house
- No RV's allowed in driveway
- Boats are allowed, but must be completely behind the house and not visible from the front at all
- Above ground pools prohibited
- And get this one, it's probably one of the stupidest and most pointless rule ever, "All houses, including newly built ones, must have the garage door on the side of the house" So this one is pretty much saying the same thing that the garage door can't be visible when standing right in front of the house.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:19 PM
chillindude010
Registered Member

chillindude010 is an unknown quantity at this point

i live in norfolk. Got the same problem over here. Have some really noisy ass neighbors that will even walk in your back yards without permission. My neighbor got in trouble with his trailer but his was in the front yard. I sit mine in the backyard, but on an occasion its beside the house with my boat on it and we have the city people driving by staring. Its insane how strict they are in norfolk. You said you live on the water in norfolk, are you on the lafayette river
Old 09-23-2004, 12:29 PM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

This place is unbelieveable.

I planned on staying here when I get out of the military, but honestly I cant see myself living here any longer than I have to. Its not that I dont like Virginia, I do. I hate the stupid laws, the stupid taxes, the stupid neighborhood organizations etc..
Old 09-23-2004, 12:50 PM
nj2vacavy

nj2vacavy is an unknown quantity at this point

i live off semple farm in hampton and i havent heard anything about Home owner association or any of that shit. My neighbors put up a PLASTIC 6 foot high white fence around their entire house (their house is brown) and nobody has said one thing to em. Maybe its cause i'm on the border of york county.....but whatever the case, Virginia SUCKS.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

we had to paint our house because the neighbor didnt like the color or something retarded like that... i hate that lady, she's effing psycho.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:46 PM
pixie
Registered Member

pixie

there are alot of neighborhoods in Va have homeowner assoc or whatever the are called and you have to maintain a certain standard to keep the neighborhood at a certain status. But yea it's gay I know. I can't even paint ym house without approval even if its the same color it already is.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:55 PM
nothing.
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.

Originally Posted by nj2vacavy
i live off semple farm in hampton and i havent heard anything about Home owner association or any of that shit. My neighbors put up a PLASTIC 6 foot high white fence around their entire house (their house is brown) and nobody has said one thing to em. Maybe its cause i'm on the border of york county.....but whatever the case, Virginia SUCKS.
If you go to a lot of new neighborhoods (no not the cheap ghettos) there are quite a few that have the all plastic white fence. It looks sooooo much better IMO and it will last a lot longer than a wooden one.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:16 PM
CNU94Accord

CNU94Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

I live near the Hilton area in NN, and I know for a fact, at least it used to be this way, that you cannot do ANYTHING to your house if its in the "true" Hilton area. You cannot add even a plant I think, if I remember right you must consult anythign and everything with someone before doing it. Esp. painting or adding a handrail out front or something of that nature. Where I live though I think its very nice, people kind of do whatever they want while its still a nice place to live....except for the people behind my house.