Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

replacing spark plugs from an SLR mclaren...

Old 10-17-2004 | 07:38 AM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: replacing spark plugs from an SLR mclaren...

Originally Posted by fc735
there are a few that are harder then them....but not many. fuck yamahas shit. (that was still a yamaha right?)
Ford made the short block, Yamaha did the rest.
Old 10-17-2004 | 07:52 AM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by Asleeper
I hope those plugs don't have to be changed every 30K........that would make for a costly tune up.
I doubt there will ever be one of those cars that makes it to that milage anyways. These type of cars never get driven.
Old 10-17-2004 | 11:09 AM
dc/dc
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by greygti
I doubt there will ever be one of those cars that makes it to that milage anyways. These type of cars never get driven.
That's definitely true. Only thing that usually ever needs to get done to an exotic like this is that the oil will need to be changed every 3 months because it doesn't get driven enough to hit the 3000 mile mark.

On a side note, I'd love to take one on the Gumball...
Old 10-17-2004 | 12:45 PM
HP Solutions
Not Yet

HP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by DC/DC
That's definitely true. Only thing that usually ever needs to get done to an exotic like this is that the oil will need to be changed every 3 months because it doesn't get driven enough to hit the 3000 mile mark.

On a side note, I'd love to take one on the Gumball...
most new europeans like bmw or mercedes only change there oil every 7500 miles and somtimes every 15,000 miles
Old 10-17-2004 | 03:07 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

If I had a car like that, I'd be changning the oil at least every 6 months. It would take most owners 10 years to get 15000 miles on one of those cars.
Old 10-17-2004 | 03:25 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Your mistaken. Thats how to change plugs on a LT1 with long tubes.
Old 10-17-2004 | 03:42 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

add a supercharger to that mix kevin and i think it is about right. worst tune up i have ever done!
Old 10-17-2004 | 04:54 PM
WillsH22Accord
l

WillsH22Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DC/DC
I guess the thing to realize here is that if you can afford an SLR, you should be able to afford the service costs on it.
and thats why they make it so hard to change the plugs
Old 10-17-2004 | 09:38 PM
IEAT50S
zOMG street racers!!

IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S

Originally Posted by Shawn
At least its not an LT1.
I think LT1s are probably the 2nd worst car to do plugs on, the SLR being the first.

If I can find the GM service manual, it says 8 hours for a spark plug change on the LT1.
Old 10-18-2004 | 05:42 AM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Ha bitches.

LS1 > LT1.

Quick Reply: replacing spark plugs from an SLR mclaren...