Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

dog shooting = death

Old 05-26-2005, 02:17 PM
NEO_WRX
Japanese Disease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX
Default Re: dog shooting = death

Originally Posted by zelle
yesterday i just read about people in wisconsin trying to pass legislature allowing people to shoot uncollared cats SO THEY WON'T KILL BIRDS. what the fuck is happening to this world.
whats wrong with killing a stray animal? Just because that legislation gets passed doesn't mean that it's an open season on everyone's house cat. It's more along the lines of population control.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Madness

Madness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NEO_WRX
yes, i agree this is a fucked up situation but everyone who says "i'd kill anyone who would ever hurt an animal", you need to take that crap back to PETA. I would always choose a human life over that of an animal.
I'm not a peta fan by any stretch, but I would definately end a human life before I let anyone hurt my dog. And if my dog had to be put down, I love her enough that I'd do it myself before I'd allow anyone else.

Besides, humans are more easily replaced.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:17 PM
NEO_WRX
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

Originally Posted by Madness
I'm not a peta fan by any stretch, but I would definately end a human life before I let anyone hurt my dog. And if my dog had to be put down, I love her enough that I'd do it myself before I'd allow anyone else.

Besides, humans are more easily replaced.
If an animal and a person are both trapped in a burning building and you care for each of them equally but you can only save one...which would it be?
Old 05-26-2005, 06:19 PM
zelle
in another castle.

zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle

are you serious? that is the lamest hypothetical question ever that fails to illustrate the point at hand. and "what is wrong with shooting stray animals?" if the argument for overpopulation was any justification, then it should be extended to humans as well (sterilization, not fucking with abortion rights). housepets escape fairly easy as well, so legislation like that is an open invitation for fatal mistakes. and fuck peta, i'll eat kfc all day, i'll feed my snakes mice, and i'll laugh when my cats leave a mole or bird on my porch even though i have to dispose of it. but whatever i'm not trying to think too much on this.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:41 PM
dc/dc
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

I hate dogs with a passion, but that's pretty messed up to kill someone's pet. I've shot dogs before, but never killed them.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:01 PM
NEO_WRX
Japanese Disease

Originally Posted by zelle
are you serious? that is the lamest hypothetical question ever that fails to illustrate the point at hand. and "what is wrong with shooting stray animals?" if the argument for overpopulation was any justification, then it should be extended to humans as well (sterilization, not fucking with abortion rights). housepets escape fairly easy as well, so legislation like that is an open invitation for fatal mistakes. and fuck peta, i'll eat kfc all day, i'll feed my snakes mice, and i'll laugh when my cats leave a mole or bird on my porch even though i have to dispose of it. but whatever i'm not trying to think too much on this.
based on the random crap that just spewed from your finger tips i doubt you did any thinking at all.

1) yes i was serious, and the point of my question was trying to illustrate that ofcourse someone would say they would take the life of a person before THEIR animals. The reason simply being their attachement to that specific animal, i am speaking simply about the value of a human life taking precidence over that of an animal.

2) i don't see anything wrong with shooting stray animals as long as they are becoming a nuisence. You can't extend the population control over to humans because the basis for doing so, and the means that it would be carried out are completely different than that of the animals. It's another argument completely.

3) The legislation is not "an open invitation for fatal mistakes", although the possibility for error exists EVERYWHERE. No one is perfect, so accidents will happen. If people take the necessary steps to mark the cats(collars, tags) than they should have nothing to worry about. Just because the law goes into effect doens't mean people will start hunting cats.

4) i agree with what you said, fuck PETA.

5) You don't care about dead moles or dead birds because you don't have the same attachment with those animals that you do with your cat. So again, it's not the fact that your cat is a cat that makes it's life valuable...it's your attachment to it. A human life is sacred because it's a human life, regardless of someones attachment to them.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:06 PM
pixie
Registered Member

pixie

that is so horrible, I just dont understand how people can treat animals so badly.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:36 PM
JETSWU87
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

damn joe that is fucked up about the PD, didnt anything become of it...or did you just let it go?

I mean granted everyone knows German Sheppards "reputation" shit you know the cops do, even walking slowly and barking would scare me if i didnt know the dog. But would i shoot it? No, unless that mofo was crazy and trying to attack me...

I've had my Choc lab since i was 5, he'll be 15 june 13th.....old for a big lab, still in good health.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:13 PM
zelle
in another castle.

zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle

... okay. you win.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:57 PM
TheGentleArt
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

If an animal and a person are both trapped in a burning building and you care for each of them equally but you can only save one...which would it be?
hey you re-re. people are saying i would kill someone if they killed my pet. which meens they do NOT care for them equally, of course if you had a brother in a building you would chose him first, but to the bitch that shot my dog ( if i was the thread maker ) i wouldn't have any problem putting one between their eyes with a grin on my face.

Quick Reply: dog shooting = death