Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

4x4 Off Topic Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 10:19 AM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini
Default Re: 4x4 Off Topic Thread

PM me the year/make/model/trim/options of the truck and I'll give you a few price points to mull over. VIN is helpful if you have access to snag it conveniently. Also send how many miles/year you do.

Here's some general 6.0 recommendations:
The recommended oil is 15W-40 Heavy-Duty Diesel and Marine Motor Oil
Three times (3X) OEM* recommendation, not to exceed 50,000 miles/600 hours or one year, whichever comes first.

I can understand that you can't bring yourself to do the drain interval extension but as long as the truck is in good working order and if the stiction issue really is just crud and not a mechanically worn injector. If you want to do oil analysis at your factory interval to show how it's holding up I can put together a package of oil, filters, sampling kit and flush to give it a shot.

The less expensive option is OE 15W-40 Synthetic Diesel Oil
It's built to perform well at factory drain intervals. Doing 2 changes a year with this is more expensive than just one of the above.

Either way it'd be a good idea to try the Engine and Transmission Flush to simply clean out the oil-touched areas of the motor. It's a pour into a hot engine, idle for 15 minutes, perform regular oil change type of affair. I've had great results on cars with gunked up hydraulic lash adjusters with the stuff.

As for filters you can change them at factory intervals or go for a bypass setup that will filter the soot out of the oil. Then you can do some serious savings as oil analysis will show that oil lasts MUCH longer when something is pulling the contaminants out vs just getting the larger stuff.

Last edited by brandini; 10-17-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

managed to fit my 33s and wheels in the back of a ford edge with no problem. pleasantly surprised
Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Jones
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

Can't wait to see it done, Mike
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Jones
Can't wait to see it done, Mike
Me either. Cristos is mounting the tires tomorrow, josh gets it Thursday, and once I get it back I plastidip it camo. Then it's the stinger, roof rack, and maybe new shocks and shackles so I can go up to 6in
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Jones
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

I wouldn't worry about going up any more for now, especially with it being your daily. New tires, roof rack and stinger, then you should be g2g
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Originally Posted by Jones
I wouldn't worry about going up any more for now, especially with it being your daily. New tires, roof rack and stinger, then you should be g2g

going up more is really far down the list

gave cris a call, he said the tires are to dryrotted to balance right now since theyve been sitting for 2 months now. ill drive on them for a few days so they can hopefully get their shape back so i can balance them
Old 10-22-2013, 09:17 AM
iFoam
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

got the full lift installed.... i'm pretty happy with the way it looks...andddd the turbo back exhaust should be here tomorrow.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

that looks real good. how much of a lift is that?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:56 PM
iFoam
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

3 inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear.

i think it's the perfect height... it sits at 42 and 1/4" tall in the rear and 41 and 3/4" in the front.... so its "leveled" with 1/2 inch in the rear so when i'm towing something or hauling a dirtbike in the bike it is not squatting out looking retarded. its got that aggressive look however it's still practical for towing / parking / fuel economy etc...

i also just got the MBRP 4 inch turbo back exhaust (with MBRP 5 inch tip) installed.... the power gain is very noticeable and it sounds AMAZING.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Very nice. I've been wanting one of these for a while now, sadly it's not in the cards right now

Quick Reply: 4x4 Off Topic Thread