Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 08-14-2011, 06:21 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Johnny508
Sounds good.

I appreciate your help. The only other tires i have are some DWS continental. I DO NOT want to run those.

I can pick up some other tires if need be. I was really hoping on running the NT01 as that is what i drive on the weekends on.

They are down to 3/32 or so but i figured that they would last me the track day.

Why would they not allow R comps for Novice on VIR?
It's not a track policy,it's a policy of the group(and it's shared by most other trackday groups also).
It's mainly because most race tires give less feedback and break away quicker than a good street tire does.Basically,they're harder to learn on and easier to fuck up on.
The NT01s,in my experience,give a lot of audible feedback and break away much more gradually than most R comps.I think they're fine for a novice group,but that's kind of a blanket policy on not allowing any race tires,so it would include them also if they enforce it.
Really,practically any tire would be fine for your first one or two events.You'll find the car(especially an Evo),even with shitty tires,has more capability than you'll be able to use at first.
I'd bring the street tires you already have just in case,but I definitely wouldn't buy new tires just for the purpose of backups.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Johnny508
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

Appreciate the feedback my friend.

I am looking forward to it. It should be lots of fun.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
DURHUR
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Caught a 1lb 7oz smallmouth today on the roanoke river. In more or less the middle of salem too.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:54 PM
SRT-Ferg
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

Originally Posted by DURHUR
Caught a 1lb 7oz smallmouth today on the roanoke river. In more or less the middle of salem too.
Did you take her back to her parents? Sounds a little young to be out alone. hahaha
Old 08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
DURHUR
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by SRT-Ferg
Did you take her back to her parents? Sounds a little young to be out alone. hahaha
Thats a good size fish considering where it came out of.Most i've caught from the roanoke river are palm size.

I've already caught my share of 4-5lber's this year
Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
SRT-Ferg
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

I havent got to do any fishing at all and I live less than a mile from the roanoke river. ( I live over in garden city.)

Also, if anybody wants or knows someone who would like the open diff out of my s14 give me a shout.

Last edited by SRT-Ferg; 08-19-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:39 PM
pieisgude
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Just got an alignment today. The difference is freakin amazing. It handles so much nicer now. I will try to post up the alignment spec sheets tonight. I still gots camber...
Old 08-23-2011, 01:53 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

camber is a good thing Carlo.

Anyone else feel that quake today? i thought someone was messing with me and shaking the Jeep i was gassing up, then i realized everything else was shaking too.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 PM
DURHUR
Banned

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
camber is a good thing Carlo.

Anyone else feel that quake today? i thought someone was messing with me and shaking the Jeep i was gassing up, then i realized everything else was shaking too.
I felt it at work,it was a 5.8.Apparently it was felt form south carolina to new york.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

There were actually a few reports as far up as Toronto..

I felt it. It was pretty insane. I thought I was just getting shaky or someone was messing with me. Didn't know what to think for a few seconds, then I realized it was something far more intense than the shakes. Pretty cool, but kind of scary to know there's nothing you can do but ride it out. Nature's a beast.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic