Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Just got an alignment today. The difference is freakin amazing. It handles so much nicer now. I will try to post up the alignment spec sheets tonight. I still gots camber...
The toe is what kills tires and makes the car drive weird(unless you're talking about 3+ degrees of camber type stuff).Where did you have it done?
Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
pieisgude
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Originally Posted by TNGChris
The toe is what kills tires and makes the car drive weird(unless you're talking about 3+ degrees of camber type stuff).Where did you have it done?
Lol. I had -3.8 degrees all the way around when i came in. AND, that's after i adjusted the rear camber to knock out as much negative as possible.

My toe was wack. Driver's front was 0.23 degrees, and the passenger front was at -0.8 degrees. The driver's rear and passenger rear were -1.47 and -1.00 degrees respectively. To be totally honest, my car handled like crap, but it sure wanted to swing it's booty around.

Now my toe is all within 0.12-0.17 degrees. And my camber has been lessened to -2.9 degrees in the rear and -2.4 in the front.

She handles so much better now, and the steering wheel is straight. Lol. Got it all done at Oak Grove Firestone, as it's within walking distance to my house (didn't feel like waiting for 3 hours). $191 well spent (lifetime!).

And about the "quake"....wtf. I literally didn't feel a single thing. I was in Food Lion and i get a phone call from my mother asking if i was alright. Ehh....

Last edited by pieisgude; 08-23-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:42 PM
pieisgude
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Does anyone have a good recommendation for getting keys cut? Moar specifically, the funky Lexus kind:

The housing on mine is falling apart and you can't transfer the key blade into another housing. Doesn't have a chip so i just need someone who can cut these types of keys.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Does anyone have a good recommendation for getting keys cut? Moar specifically, the funky Lexus kind:

The housing on mine is falling apart and you can't transfer the key blade into another housing. Doesn't have a chip so i just need someone who can cut these types of keys.
Dealership or B&D Lock on Williamson.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Security Lock and Key on Franklin Rd does all of our Key fobs.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:32 AM
black_krix_si

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

B&D are good people. They cut all the keys for Honda now.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 AM
pieisgude
Registered Member

Thanks guys, i'm trying to stay away from the dealership, hoping to keep the price down, but we'll see.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:05 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

B&D all the way. They've never failed me.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:37 AM
SRT-Ferg
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

Anybody happen to have a FPR for a ka24de? I broke the neck on mine that goes into the fuel rail.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 AM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

i
Originally Posted by SRT-Ferg
Anybody happen to have a FPR for a ka24de? I broke the neck on mine that goes into the fuel rail.
I think I got one for you, bro

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic