Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone have a plasma cutter?

Old 12-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Juan Ehnch Dong
Chicks dig my viper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juan Ehnch Dong has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone have a plasma cutter?

Originally Posted by Not Stock
I'm picturing "Juan Ehnch Dong" reading DramaVa like a retard staring at his reflection in a spoon.
I knew it would come, I just didn't think it would take 3 days for you to think of it. You should have took a few more days.

Phil did not need a plasma cutter for his project. I stated that my plasma cutter was not a hand-held type, it was a bench mount type used for cutting plate steel (up to 1/2"). No one would use that under a car.

The purpose of using a sawz-all is to cut things. Used properly, it is effective but there are better things to use -- such as a cutting disc and/or grinder. I suggested using those, and offered that I use a 2" cutting disc. Phil also likes to have his car kept fairly clean (mine is always dirty). Cleaning up the tips with a dremel tool was also suggested.
I'm not going to explain this to you again except to say sawz-all should have never been mentioned. I don't care if was on the car, under the car, over the car, in the car, or its current residence up your ass, it was wrong.

Again, the tips were off the car, so there was no need to cut them off with a sawz-all, grinding wheel, cutting disc, a butter knife, or whatever.
Wonder where you heard that?

I surely know the difference among the quality of tools. At $20 for a generic sawz-all, Harbor Freight is tough to beat. For some reason, I though Phil already had one from there. They also have great deals on pneumatic fittings, compressors, air tools, and other items. Not everyone can afford to stock Snap-On in their garage.
Again you try to cover up your incompetencies with useless, blatantly obvious information. Good job.

Then again, no one seems to complain when they bring over their computers, borrow my any of my tools, tow their cars, meet them on the side of the road with a jack and spare tire, or pull them out with tow cables...
In other words, you're everybody's bitch and you have to buy your friends. Good luck with that.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:41 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Anyone have a plasma cutter?

i cut exh. tubing all day straight with my sawzall.....can i have a cookie?

harbor freight does sell cheap shit...but for blades and cutoff wheels....they cant be beat.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Arrow Re: Anyone have a plasma cutter?

Originally Posted by Juan Ehnch Dong
In other words, you're everybody's bitch and you have to buy your friends. Good luck with that.
I help my friends in any way possible. They know that.

I use my sawz-all for lots of things, each task could use a different blade. A metal-cutting blade could very well be used to cut the tips, but I felt that there were better options, and provided recommendations and let him know what I used before. Go stare at your spoon.

Joey is an excellent mechanic and I've seen pictures of his work. No doubt in my mind he could handle a sawz-all better than myself.