Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

anyone want to go to VMP and race some friday?

Old 10-27-2005 | 05:35 AM
ICULOKN
Settled..

ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN
Default Re: anyone want to go to VMP and race some friday?

Originally Posted by 69vette
i have a street car and not a tube chassis drag car.

So do I.... 3120 lbs Full body, Ful chassis, Stock type suspension, Street Truck. Closed up, Tags, Inspection, All lights work... 10in tire ready to rock...

Let me know when you get back togther... We can make a pass for sure I like racing "Faster" Street cars.

Hope your parts come in and everything works ok!
Old 10-27-2005 | 05:38 AM
ICULOKN
Settled..

And people dont take any of my posts personally...

I have a BIG problem with VMP. They have the NICEST FACILITY on the east coast EASILY. They dont have a clue how to run it though...

I only go there if I am FORCED to. If I had the money, id buy it and make it open all the time I could.

If you really wana hook there, go there with IHRA or NHRA comes to town. The equipment they bring in can set that track up NICE!

I race all over, and I will honestly say Richmond IS the best hooking track in VA on ANY given night. Think what you want... There is no reason you cant run 9's or slower at Richmond...
Old 10-27-2005 | 05:57 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

from my personal experiences the people at VMP from the lowest level, to management, to the owner are complete assholes... my experience with the people at richmond have all been very nice, that goes a long way for me
Old 10-27-2005 | 06:13 AM
69vette
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by ICULOKN
So do I.... 3120 lbs Full body, Ful chassis, Stock type suspension, Street Truck. Closed up, Tags, Inspection, All lights work... 10in tire ready to rock...

Let me know when you get back togther... We can make a pass for sure I like racing "Faster" Street cars.

Hope your parts come in and everything works ok!
yeah i'll def. let you know. Looks like it will be next season before it runs down the tack on the new set up but i'll have it out on the streets around here as soon as the crank gets here. Thats the only real thing holding me up from assembling the motor and getting the car back together.
Old 10-27-2005 | 06:28 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

I have a BIG problem with VMP. They have the NICEST FACILITY on the east coast EASILY. They dont have a clue how to run it though...
I agree with you 100%
Old 10-27-2005 | 06:33 AM
wheelman
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

I only go there if I am FORCED to. If I had the money, id buy it and make it open all the time I could.

If you really wana hook there, go there with IHRA or NHRA comes to town. The equipment they bring in can set that track up NICE!

I race all over, and I will honestly say Richmond IS the best hooking track in VA on ANY given night. Think what you want... There is no reason you cant run 9's or slower at Richmond...
I couldn't agree more..........although I ahve been at Richmond on a Friday night and been a victim of the liquid starting line, but it was late int he night and that goes back to track etiquette, not track prep. There should be a course for all newbies with "regular" street tires that shows them to go around the water box and back in, not this straight through shit that leaves an oasis between the line and the 60 ft marker...
Old 10-27-2005 | 06:38 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Nic
I agree with you 100%
I have been to VMP and Cecil County maryland. yes, VMP is nicer, but Cecil has 2-3 times the turnout(hey Nova, DC, Pa, De, and Baltimore Md people go there) and they run it alot smoother than VMP could anyday.
Old 10-27-2005 | 07:13 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Exactly as we're saying. VMP couldn't be any more poorly mismanaged. I've been getting on Bryan for 5 years about having a street tire only night, but he would never listen. Look what Richmond's done, and now their track is THE PLACE TO BE on Friday nights, while everytime I've been to VMP this year there's hardly anybody there. Richmond is more crowded now, yet you still get more runs in than you do at VMP. I'd rather drive the extra 20 minutes to get to Richmond these days.
Old 10-27-2005 | 09:33 AM
ICULOKN
Settled..

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have been to VMP and Cecil County maryland. yes, VMP is nicer, but Cecil has 2-3 times the turnout(hey Nova, DC, Pa, De, and Baltimore Md people go there) and they run it alot smoother than VMP could anyday.

Cecil....

Now thats a TOTALLY differant story....

That track is bada$$... Always hooks and the air is usually the best it can be...

If your ET Hunting... That is the place to go for sure... And those boys dont play... A 9 second street car is AVERAGE up there...
Old 10-27-2005 | 09:40 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Cecil....

Now thats a TOTALLY differant story....

That track is bada$$... Always hooks and the air is usually the best it can be...

If your ET Hunting... That is the place to go for sure... And those boys dont play... A 9 second street car is AVERAGE up there...
Yup. I couldnt believe how fast the cars are up there. It is like every race has either 1 or both cars faster than 10 seconds.

Quick Reply: anyone want to go to VMP and race some friday?