Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Don't get caught by the police with NOS!

Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey
Default Re: Don't get caught by the police with NOS!

Originally Posted by Red81Z28
just to clear things up... a nitrous bottle would not explode due to the pressure release on the neck of the valve. it's the thing with about five holes around the edge. Nitrous just allows you to burn more gas and speed the intake process up like forced air induction. not to be a total smartass. lol

This is true, but I have heard of people defeating the saftey valve so they could run higher bottle pressures.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Frost
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost
Default Re: Don't get caught by the police with NOS!

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
This is true, but I have heard of people defeating the saftey valve so they could run higher bottle pressures.
That doesn't make much sense to me (not that it's true)... I've run nitrous on 3 different vehicles and 5 engines. In any of those engines, it has never hit anywhere near as hard over 1200-1250psi as it did at about 1000-1100. It got much worse going higher.