Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

RIP bruce staton lynchburg va.miss you man

Old 11-15-2006, 12:44 PM
96gsr
Madison Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96gsr will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RIP bruce staton lynchburg va.miss you man

http://www.dnronline.com/news_detail...ID=7259&CHID=1

"The wreck occurred around 12:30 p.m., as Myers was headed south on Devon Lane, according to a statement from the Harrisonburg Police Department. Police say Myers was traveling too fast when he crashed into a turning Toyota Camry.

Sgt. Shane Brown, of the police department, said the Camry likely began its left turn before the motorcycle crested a hill and became visible.

Police, who did not release the name of the driver of the Camry, said the other motorist wasn’t at fault in the wreck. The police report gave no indication whether the Camry’s driver sustained any injuries in the crash."

That along with talking to the EMT's (I work next door to them) and police saying he was going around 80mph on a road through an apartment complex.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
e30ZeRo
Registered Member

e30ZeRo is an unknown quantity at this point

My condolences to the family and the friends. I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Secondly, I can see the turn from my window. Its in my apartment complex. There was no way he was speeding because it simply isnt possible. It was a tragic accident.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:26 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

hate to hear that.condolences to his family and friends.

Chris

*edit*i just read the above posts on what happened.i still had this thread pulled up from this morning,and hadn't seen the new posts yet.

Last edited by TNGChris; 11-15-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:44 PM
crazyb
Banned

crazyb is an unknown quantity at this point

First off RIP
second this isnt the time nore place to talk about a persons action after the fact of such a grave situation
no matter what they did or did not do make a thread about wreckless stuff out of this thread because this is paying tribute to a good person!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:49 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by crazyb
First off RIP
second this isnt the time nore place to talk about a persons action after the fact of such a grave situation
no matter what they did or did not do make a thread about wreckless stuff out of this thread because this is paying tribute to a good person!
you're right-i fixed it.
Chris
Old 11-15-2006, 05:31 PM
96gsr
Madison Motorsports

96gsr will become famous soon enough

I agree, this is a thread about mr. Staton and offering of prayers. Which I am doing. What happened is absolutely tragic and I don't wish it upon anyone, but there's no need for the misinformation about it.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:53 AM
1sol2nv
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts

ok now....since you posted a newspaper story.How many times in life are news papers correct?Slim to none right?Ok my point is this,even if bruce was in wrong,speeding doing wheelie etc.this would not be the place to say anything about it.In fact he wasnt doing anything wrong his gf was driving right behind him,in her car.He didnt even know his way around at all up there according to her so that narrows tht margin even more,that he wasnt speeding.unless you saw it from your own eyes like his gf did.I dont care what you read saw on news or heard around school.The news paper couldnt even get the name correct or the time it happened,so i couldnt expect for them to get the story correct as well....
Old 11-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone, but regardless of who is in the wrong or how fast or slow anyone was going, that isn't going to bring the guy back. So, just do his family and friends a favor and offer condolences, but leave arguing and finger-pointing out of this thread.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 AM
1sol2nv
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone, but regardless of who is in the wrong or how fast or slow anyone was going, that isn't going to bring the guy back. So, just do his family and friends a favor and offer condolences, but leave arguing and finger-pointing out of this thread.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:12 PM
1clean96civicdx
1 <3 JDM

1clean96civicdx has disabled reputation

R.I.P BRUCE! i didnt really know u that much, i met you one time on wards rode, and u were a really nice guy and not a prick like alot of people up there, i will never forget when i saw u ride a wheelie from the goodwill all the way to kfc infront of Kmart. I also give my condolences to everyone that was close to him. I know its a hard time loosing sombody that ur such good friends with, my girlfriend (Fiancee) lost both of her parents in the a 2 month spand, and it was the hardest time of my life, and hers and i know i didnt need to hear any shit from people like 96gsr, i mean guy comon how in the hell could u post stuff like that DO U HAVE A HEART??!?!? anyways R.I.P man ride em hard, and for all the people that was close to him, its goin to be so hard at first but it gets better, so hang threw it sorry for you lose

and last thing 96gsr u need to apoligize to everyone on this thread that was close to him if u have a heart but some people dont.......

Quick Reply: RIP bruce staton lynchburg va.miss you man