Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

stock LS boost?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
JAvenger
not a noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAvenger has disabled reputation
Default Re: stock LS boost?

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Let it be known though...

He not only did that.

We sprayed that motor.
Boosted it.
Then we sprayed and boosted that motor.

Its still holding it down.

2-Steppin'.
Numerous street races.
Numerous highway runs.
Numerous cruises.

The motor won't die. Doesnt even smoke.
he speaks the truth... i have sprayed the shit out of it... then slapped a turbo kit on it, tuned it and dog the piss shit out of it. it still holds it down. daily driven
oh yeah i get 32 miles per gallon on the highway too.

it's all in the tune!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Also, nice edit brown_ricer.

I used the word IF.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:32 AM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Also, nice edit brown_ricer.

I used the word IF.
What size turbo were you using? It never mentions that anywhere. I highly doubt on a 60-1 or a T series, that 10 psi would be surviveable.... And I doubt it would make that power level on a T3 or TD04 @ 10 psi....so, relevant information, what turbo were you using at that boost level?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
JAvenger
not a noob

JAvenger has disabled reputation

57 trim turbonetics T3T4...

i have a dyno sheet to prove it.

like i said before... it's all in the tune!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAvenger
57 trim turbonetics T3T4...

i have a dyno sheet to prove it.

like i said before... it's all in the tune!!!!
That's a very good #. I think it's important to list turbo size though.

i.e. A T3 Super 60 would produce the same #'s, at about 15-16 lbs of boost. However, it would be about 70% efficient doing so, and spool a hell of a lot faster, giving it a wider power band, and cooler air than the T3/T4 57 @ the same power level. (About 60% efficient @ 10 lbs)

I mean, it's all good, if you're comparing apples and apples. You don't want the guy going and getting, for instance, a T series or Thumper, and boosting 10 psi. It's not the same. Just like getting a straight T04E series, or T3 isn't the same......

You can't just generically say "10 psi".....

A T3 Super 60 will run it at 16-17, be in its efficiency, and produce the same power, probably more safely, with little or no risk of surge if you crank it up a bit.....

This is what I'm trying to get across. Remember, its not just you and the thread starter reading this, with an understanding that it's a T3/T04E 57 trim turbo. It's a bunch of people, who will try a lot of different stuff, and come out with a LOT different results, including blown motors at less psi, and far lower power levels at the same psi....
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
That's a very good #. I think it's important to list turbo size though.

i.e. A T3 Super 60 would produce the same #'s, at about 15-16 lbs of boost. However, it would be about 70% efficient doing so, and spool a hell of a lot faster, giving it a wider power band, and cooler air than the T3/T4 57 @ the same power level. (About 60% efficient @ 10 lbs)

I mean, it's all good, if you're comparing apples and apples. You don't want the guy going and getting, for instance, a T series or Thumper, and boosting 10 psi. It's not the same. Just like getting a straight T04E series, or T3 isn't the same......

You can't just generically say "10 psi".....

A T3 Super 60 will run it at 16-17, be in its efficiency, and produce the same power, probably more safely, with little or no risk of surge if you crank it up a bit.....

This is what I'm trying to get across. Remember, its not just you and the thread starter reading this, with an understanding that it's a T3/T04E 57 trim turbo. It's a bunch of people, who will try a lot of different stuff, and come out with a LOT different results, including blown motors at less psi, and far lower power levels at the same psi....
Why are you preaching to us like we are the idiots?

We know this, we aren't stupid. The reason that I had a 50 trim on my B16 was because I wanted to turn up the boost when I got my bottom end forged.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

LAWLZ!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

Why are you preaching to us like we are the idiots?

We know this, we aren't stupid. The reason that I had a 50 trim on my B16 was because I wanted to turn up the boost when I got my bottom end forged.
Never said you were.

But if you look on the other forum referenced in this post, you'll find that in every case, the turbo, injector size, etc., was listed? This is so as to not make everyone look like a dumbass.

Seriously man. You said

"upgrade to 440 injectors, hondata s300 tuned, 10-12psi your looking at a safe 275hp 210torq daily driven...."

But that wouldn't hold true if you were on a T25.... Or a T-series.....

That's why you see that very relevant information listed.

I put down 272 hp, pump gas, on my daily. And I'm pushing a TD04-16.....
Walbro 255 to feed, 58 psi fuel pressure, 590 cc injectors, 18 lb boost spike with a 13 lb hold.... 29-30 degrees of timing advance....2.4L motor.

I'm looking to get 400 out of a 1.6L fairly soon. But I'm looking at about 19 lbs of boost to do so, and 730-750 cc injectors, with a rising rate regulator to make sure I have plenty available to tune on the top side. Built motor, of course.....A T3/T04E turbo, 46 or 50 trim, .63 A/R Stage 3 Turbine.... etc....
Old 08-29-2007, 07:34 AM
TurboEG8
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8

Originally Posted by JAvenger
... it's all in the tune!!!!
+1
Old 08-29-2007, 11:30 AM
JDMS1eeper
Registered Member

JDMS1eeper has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by brown_ricer
what is the safest boost to run on a stock obd2 b18b motor with stock fuel injectors? thank you... ive heard numbers like 10-12psi...
If you set it up right, You can run a FMU setup to about 230whp on stock injectors, with addition of a Walbro255 HP pump. Boost pressure just depends on the efficiency of your setup. I'd have to say 8psi is the most Id run on 93oct. with FMU. With race gas, you can run maybe around 250whp because you'll be less prone to knock and your setup will still run safely.

On my setups years ago, I used to run 2/10 ratio of 112oct/93oct.
On 8psi my AFR's stayed 12:1 & richer til revlimit.
On 10psi my AFR's climed to 13:1 towards the last 300-400 rpm.

I had this setup for 2 years and ran 12.2 @ 110 in a full interior EG. And it made 242whp @ 8-9psi. at performance autosports.

The setup never failed, I swapped in Rods/Pistons/Injectors/Uberdata, re tuned and daily drove it for another year on 20psi with pump gas and 26psi with 116oct.

Setup went 11.3 @ 120 missing 4th and 5th gear. Ran 6.9@100 in the 1/8th.

All on the same engine....

Have fun with it, LS's are fun motors to boost and very durable. Just setup it right for however you plan to do it.

-----------------------------------

To the guy above:

This setup was making about 450whp on 440cc injectors.

85psi base fuel pressure
111psi peak fuel pressure.
60trim T3/T04E

Last edited by JDMS1eeper; 08-29-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: cuz

Quick Reply: stock LS boost?