Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

pulled for tint last night

Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 PM
GSWAGON
LuvHonda(Lawnmowers)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON GSWAGON
Default Re: pulled for tint last night

Originally Posted by civiccord
I was told by state trooper that 50% is all it can be in any window, mine measured at 42%, didnt get ticket though. But they say 50% but the cars come from factory with tint darker than that...........va sucks in all there laws.
he is wrong. it is 35% for the rear windows, unless they changed the law this year.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 AM
spitzbergen
Registered Member

spitzbergen has disabled reputation

How hard are the police w/ tint with out of state tags?
Old 03-01-2008, 02:33 AM
yeldak99
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

Originally Posted by spitzbergen
It doesn't matter... I know you just got here, but you will soon learn that the cops in this area could care less where your car is registered. The way they see it, once they see the military stickers, its obvious you reside in Va. and you should abide by their laws accordingly.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Hondas_Only
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

Originally Posted by spitzbergen
a tint ticket with out of state plates is a ploy to get you to suck it up and pay because you dont wanna deal with the hassle of going to court... thats how you know its all about money. it wont hold up in court whether you should abide by their laws or not, you are not here by choice...

on a side note, it would be in your best interest to know the law for tint in the state youre plate is registered in cuz sometimes they try to use that to site you.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:51 AM
SubieChik
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by 99LudaPre
I've had three tint tickets in the past three years and they all have cost $95+. With my situations I have never had a city cop cite me for tint, only state troopers.

One Saturday afternoon I was headed down 64 to Greenbrier and there was an eratic navy basturd tailin' me by 3-4 ft in a 4Runner. All I could think to myself was "Where are the police when you need them?" So we continued down the highway and passed a common tropper sitting spot and sure enough there was a cop watching us go right by. The trooper pulls right out after we pass and I was thinking yes this fuck is going to get a ticket for tailgating.

Wrong. He pulls me over citing me for tint. I was in shock that he thought that my 35% tint was more dangerous than a tailgater at interstate speeds. After he had me sign the ticket, I asked the officer why he didnt pull over the truck tailgaiting me and he smiled and said "Drive safely" and walked away. Typical peice of shit trooper not there to protect citizens from dangerous drivers but only to bring in revenue for a future raise.

Thank you to all the dumbasses who used tint for the wrong reasons now good people can't legally enjoy it.

Same thing happened to my husband and I. A Ford Fusion was weaving in and out of traffic going about 85. and passed a cop in the far left lane. I was look ooo watch that Fusion get pulled over......wrong the cop slowed down got behind us and pulled us over for tint. I actually said to the cop...so you think our illegal tint is more important than that guy weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off? To which he responded "Ma'am I can only pull over 1 person at a time".
Old 03-01-2008, 07:51 AM
SubieChik
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by 93Camry
^ well if you get 50% on your front glass u might as well not get any tint at all i mean 50% is mainly nothing. and 18% on the back is legal wow.

im planning on getting 5 on my front 2 and back 2 and on my rear. does anybody know what that would equal too or even legal.
*my friend has had his rsx for about a year and he has 5 all the way around and has never been givin a ticket for tint.

Wait a second.....are you really asking if 5% tint is legal....or m I just reading that wrong??
Old 03-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Odysseus Prime
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

Originally Posted by SubieChik

Wait a second.....are you really asking if 5% tint is legal....or m I just reading that wrong??
Lols. I was wondering the same thing. Just didn't say anything.

Its illegal like woah. ticket price is the same as if you had 20%.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:43 PM
lilOxj
just JUMP!

lilOxj is on a distinguished road

Just paid one i got at J. Cylde and 64 prepayable @ 86.00 and 1.50 pro.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:07 PM
TheGentleArt
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

50 on front, 35 on rears unless its an SUV then its 50 front, anything on rear. Also, someone said you HAVE to take your old tint in? You are wrong, its a judges "judgement" on whether or not to convict you, i had a tint ticket, (i did remove the tint) but he just took my word for it and dropped it, cost me ZERO dollars, on the flip side you could bring your tint in with pictures, and a receipt that you got it removed and still be found guilty, because technically you DID break the law, so there is no DEFINITIVE defense, but 90+% of the time they are dropped i you get it removed. Oh and i was goin 61 in a 60 when i got my ticket for tint (in a grocery getter) tint is probably one of the #1 revenue tickets for polic/staties.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

I love these threads.

" I got pulled for illegal tints...what do I do?"

Here's a fucking concept...don't put illegal tint on your car you fucking dumbass

Quick Reply: pulled for tint last night