Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

laws.. ?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:57 PM
eXploited
got 7.62?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited
Default Re: laws.. ?

Originally Posted by EEK
must be only one shot too. so make it count
EXACTLY!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

Boostin...what is the law for home invasion? I thought I was only allowed to shoot someone if they threatened me with deadly force (moreso than simply breaking and entering my home). I know you cannot shoot them in the back (they are trying to "retreat") but you said shoot to kill, otherwise it's attempted murder?
Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 PM
ISpimpin
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xeno
Sup all im about to buy a gun. and install my new pager security system. i have a question if i catch someone trying to jack my car and i shoot them in the face will i goto jail..? i mean i could do the right thing and say "hold it right there im calling the police" but i'd rather kill them...
Wow...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:05 AM
4SFED4
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by IEAT50S
§ 18.2-282. Pointing, holding, or brandishing firearm, air or gas operated weapon or object similar in appearance; penalty.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured. However, this section shall not apply to any person engaged in excusable or justifiable self-defense. Persons violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor or, if the violation occurs upon any public, private or religious elementary, middle or high school, including buildings and grounds or upon public property within 1,000 feet of such school property, he shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.
Notice public place, if you are on or inside your property or place of residence you can hold a person at gun point until police arrive. However you cannot legally shoot them unless you are threatened with a weapon or show signs of physical contact where the criminal tried to assault you before you pulled out a weapon. The only grey area that could cause a problem is if you live within 1000ft of a school. It is also illegal to shoot a fleeing person regardless of a threat, on or off your property.

With a castle doctrine passing the General Assembly this year only to be vetoed by our asshole governor, I have hopes for a Republican gov being elected this year that may pass it in 2010. The Dem candidate that Kane is supporting is more anti-gun then he is, so it is safe to say he won't get my vote.

Its a sad world we live in where criminals have more rights than those of us who abide by the law. Anti-gun people say loose gun regulations will result in going back to the wild west, but at least back then people respected one another for the most part. Stealing someone's horse was also punishable by death, in these days a car is similar to the same.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:16 AM
eXploited
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by TRU
Boostin...what is the law for home invasion? I thought I was only allowed to shoot someone if they threatened me with deadly force (moreso than simply breaking and entering my home). I know you cannot shoot them in the back (they are trying to "retreat") but you said shoot to kill, otherwise it's attempted murder?
The sentence that you need to remember is simple... I WAS IN FEAR OF MY LIFE

If someone breaks into your house you better snug up in a corner or hallway and wait for his ass to come in plain sight and shoot ONCE in the chest or head.. It can only be one shot and it BETTER kill him.. No witnesses and dead men tell no tales.. If you wound him you have a lawsuit against you.. Like the guy that sued the homeowner, He was breaking into his house and cut his arm on a piece of glass and sued the homeowner in Maryland.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 AM
4SFED4
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

You can't hide in a corner or a bedroom either. Apparently it is believed you and your family should attempt to safely exit the house and call police. I have heard of cases of people being charged with premeditated murder for waiting in a room armed and ready to fire.

I was also told by my CCW instructor that you can probably get away with firing 3 shots(better count) if you are a man. If you are a female you can empty the magazine.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:55 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, I've got an 870 for a reason. I'll call the cops, and head for the door. If he is in my way (which they will be, my house has a lot of doors), they will get shot at close range with a shotgun, haha.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 AM
beeotch
dl^_^lb ..l.,

beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch

if u shoot below the kneecaps then its not intent to kill, and they wont be running anywhere. then blame it on self defence and call the cops
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM
eXploited
got 7.62?

Originally Posted by beeotch
if u shoot below the kneecaps then its not intent to kill, and they wont be running anywhere. then blame it on self defence and call the cops
False..

You can still get charged.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by beeotch
if your not shooting to kill then you probably dont need to be shooting at all. thats the way the court will see that.

Quick Reply: laws.. ?