Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What I drive...

Old 11-06-2003, 07:27 PM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LighthouseJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I never presumed I was invincible, I don't push AWD to the edge all the time. Of course any tire can slip, but AWD is less susceptible to oversteer or understeer, that's what I was saying, the AWD provides a more balanced driving characteristic when all wheels are independantly gripping however they can.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:28 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally posted by LighthouseJ
I never presumed I was invincible, I don't push AWD to the edge all the time. Of course any tire can slip, but AWD is less susceptible to oversteer or understeer, that's what I was saying, the AWD provides a more balanced driving characteristic when all wheels are independantly gripping however they can.
AWS helps too.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:40 AM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

I never presumed I was invincible
Unless you have AWD, you will be passed by a car with AWD going around that turn.
i'm confused.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:14 AM
racerns
Instructor

racerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the rough

So am I

You can look at the "quattro" badge on the rear trunk when I'm passing you on the outside lane.
Going around people on the outside lane in a corner just because you have AWD sounds like a little like you may be invincible.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:51 AM
nolongerhere.
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally posted by spic
well that's a first..
Old 11-07-2003, 11:31 AM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

If anyone passes me on the outside of an on/off ramp they are retarded.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:59 AM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

Passing on the outside (given a turn not that tight) is totally within the capabilities of all-wheel drive, it's not pushing the limits at all. It might be dangerous for a RWD car, but that's not what I have. If I thought I was invincible I'd drive 60 mph towards a tight 90 degree turn and turn at the last second, but I don't do that at all. Any characterization that I contradict myself is going to be wrong, so quit while you're behind.

It's not that complex, going around a turn, it's easier for an AWD car to pass a non-AWD car.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Blah blah awd blah blah awd.

Yeah, it's cool.. whatever. Just shut up.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:29 PM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

Hey, I'm just extinguishing the flames of ignorance (or is it jealousy?).
Old 11-07-2003, 12:30 PM
racerns
Instructor

racerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the rough

Depending on the speed, it is not dangerous for any car to pass on the outside, it is nothing special to an AWD car. Just taking outside passes on the street sounds kind of stupid. The ability to make an outside pass like that depends more on your cars lateral grip than your forward grip (which is what awd gives you) Again, you are over estimating the ability of your AWD car and some day it will get you in trouble. I do agree that there are some advantages of AWD in the ability to accelerate off the corner, but it is not the be all end all that you think it is.

Last edited by racerns; 11-07-2003 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: What I drive...