Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Hybrid Martial Arts Academy

Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM
pasty
Between Bikes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty
Default Re: Hybrid Martial Arts Academy

I saw this thread a bit late, but I thought I would put in my two cents. It doesn't matter where you go as long as you're in an establishment that is reputable, has instructors who have the ability to teach in a way that personally allows you to absorb information, and offers a group of people that you're able to get along with. Many of these professional fighters may have started training in one school, but a majority of them have cross-trained with other trainers, which is what allowed them to expand on their skills. Eastern, Hybrid, Linxx, East Wind, Team Aguirre, Global, and VBAMA have all put out respectable fighters.

Anybody who says this school is better than that school is falling victim to branding. Of course you're going to think the school you go to is the best. I currently go to Linxx because it is close to me and has a schedule that I can work with as far as BJJ goes, but if Global and Linxx's schedules were switched I'd be over there with Mateo. I've trained at VBAMA and several other places briefly, and I have known several fighters from other schools. There isn't too much disparity between the skill levels since it really determines on a person's willingness to put the work in realize what it is they need.

To the OP, I'm glad you found a place you enjoy, but remember that in order to get the fullest out of your training you need to stick with it, even if you are injured. If you're injured, sit on the sidelines and see what you can pick up.