Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

(For Brian) Man Trades Bugatti Veyron for ZR-1

Old 02-24-2010, 02:54 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: (For Brian) Man Trades Bugatti Veyron for ZR-1

Oh, BTW, I was impressed that he had 20k miles on it too! Sounds like maybe it was either a daily driver or he just drove it a LOT! I'd like to meet that guy.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 AM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

Sounds like some good publicity for Chevrolet.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 AM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Here's why having a Veyron sucks:
http://jalopnik.com/5449046/veyron-o...ership-cheaper
According to Autocar, an anonymous Bugatti Veyron owner has found maintenance on his 253 MPH hypercar so expensive he trailers it to his favorite roads, then flies there in his private jet to save money.

Apparently, the English Bugatti owner was tired of paying $21,000 for a routine service, $38,500 for a set of four tires and $46,000 every fourth tire change to have his wheels x-rayed to check for stress fractures. In comparison, an annual service on a Ferrari Enzo costs just $2,730.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:03 AM
streetlamp
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to make the rich owners feel important and special.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:52 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by streetlamp
Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to make the rich owners feel important and special.
Do you not understand the basics of supply and demand? The tires must be engineered to go well over the Veyron's top speed of 25X and do it for as long as the car has gas in the tank. Couple that with the fact that you're tooling an entire tire production line for a tiny handful of cars. It's not like they can leverage the cost and spread it around to other markets.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 AM
3Point5SE
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

Originally Posted by brandini
that sounds about right... with the veyrons price tag that's like getting an oil change in a civic.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:59 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I wonder if you could even finance a Bugatti Veyron if you wanted to. I can't imagine anyone financing true supercars like the Enzo or Veyron! That would be stupid.
Do any of the articles say he actually owned the car?

From the bit about him having to put cash on top sounds more like someone trading in a car with a loan having to eat the negative equity. Not to mention the dealer waiting until they had a buyer lined up before going through with the deal.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 AM
streetlamp
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
hurf durf
So why is the Enzo significantly cheaper? I understand they can charge whatever they want because its the only way the owners can properly get the car serviced. But I refuse to believe a routine service or any of the other shit needs to cost that much.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Muncher
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by streetlamp
So why is the Enzo significantly cheaper? I understand they can charge whatever they want because its the only way the owners can properly get the car serviced. But I refuse to believe a routine service or any of the other shit needs to cost that much.
+1. It's oil in an engine, coolant in a radiator, ect. Just like any other highend car (or regular car for that matter). And I refuse to believe that ANY 4 tires are worth 50k+.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Dymanznprls
VR6 > VTEC

Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls

dumbass..he should've traded it a few months back for cash for clunkers.

Quick Reply: (For Brian) Man Trades Bugatti Veyron for ZR-1