Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tint laws changing, maybe!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
jimmay
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jimmay has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tint laws changing, maybe!

Locals never bothered me, but I have been pulled by a State Trooper. She told me how good the car looked with the dark tint and black car then wrote me a ticket.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
cvc7chris
^_^

cvc7chris has disabled reputation

i've got a sunshading permit through the DMV which allows me 35% on sides & back and 75% on windshield..

i might go ahead and do 20% all around anyways :P
Old 03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Boosted Bitch
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

I scraped my tint and still get pulled. I guess since its a black car and black interior... it makes it look like my windows are tinted. But mostly... the cops here just hate me and look for a reason to pull me anyhow. Bastards!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Qwiksillva
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Nevermind, just missed page 2. I see it got shut down... or I guess better term would be put on the backburner.

Hopefully things will change in the near future though.

Last edited by Qwiksillva; 03-31-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Didn't read pg2
Old 03-31-2011, 04:48 PM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

got a tint ticket today, anyway i can get out of it without having to actually take the tint off?

kidding of course, but i really did get a ticket today.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by -__-
got a tint ticket today, anyway i can get out of it without having to actually take the tint off?

kidding of course, but i really did get a ticket today.
Take/find a pic of the same type/color car without tint.Present that to judge,tell him you didn't know it was illegal and you've removed it,and ask for it to get dismissed for compliance...Don't drive said car to court if tint is still on though.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Boosted Bitch
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Take/find a pic of the same type/color car without tint.Present that to judge,tell him you didn't know it was illegal and you've removed it,and ask for it to get dismissed for compliance...Don't drive said car to court if tint is still on though.
You can also buy a cheap roll of tint and take some shredded pieces to court to show that its been "removed" and they will throw it out as well.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 PM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Boosted Bitch
You can also buy a cheap roll of tint and take some shredded pieces to court to show that its been "removed" and they will throw it out as well.
Unless you get a judge who doesn't care, and says you still did something illegal, and fixing it was the smart thing to do
Old 03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

the words in white font are vital. im just gonna pay the ticket and keep going.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
Unless you get a judge who doesn't care, and says you still did something illegal, and fixing it was the smart thing to do
I've had two occasions(one for inspection sticker,and one for exhaust)where I took proof I had fixed the problem,and the judge basically said "Well,of course you fixed it-it was illegal.......But,it was illegal when you got this ticket-right?....." and hit me with the full fine.The majority of the time it's worked out though.

Originally Posted by -__-
the words in white font are vital. im just gonna pay the ticket and keep going.
You mean wording on the ticket?
It all depends on how much it's worth to you.If you're okay with paying the money versus sitting in court for a couple hours,go for it.This ticket shouldn't affect your insurance,so look at it as a one-time fee.

Last edited by TNGChris; 03-31-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Tint laws changing, maybe!