Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

VA Speed tune - Never again.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM
99formula
N2OWNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula
Default Re: VA Speed tune - Never again.

Originally Posted by WutupYo
Wow, I guess instead of trying to gain business, they are actually making an effort to do the opposite? Especially being that both of those sites are huge outlets into their target demographic...
The "average joe" Tech member isn't who they want to attract. They have government contracts that keep that shop afloat and don't need to make $3 off of a coupler or AN fitting. Look at the guys who praise them on that site, Phil (ODR LS Mustang aka the "Renegade") and Brian (ODR TA aka Fireball). High end builds with a basically unlimited budget. They can't even seem to keep those cars together (which seems to be only slightly related to VA Speed, but what do I know).

I remember going down there and having a few conversations with Shaun, who was pretty cool. He even gave RPM the chance for some free dyne time at one of the last boardwalk shows at VA beach. Even then, he flat out refused to build me a short block because it was too mild for their taste and they couldn't run it on their engine dyno before it left the shop.

All I can say is, if you don't like them, don't go there. They can do some really good work when they want to and the bankroll is sufficient, but they seem to be "bothered" by smaller projects.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

AFAIK those government contracts are long gone. Relying on the blank check builds is no way to build/sustain a business.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 AM
WutupYo
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

I took my car there after I had asked some questions on LS1tech, and talked back and forth via PM with shawn. I don't rememeber the specifics, so I won't try to get into them. I do know that he said to come in to the shop, basically said they would want to work on my car. I by no means have deep pockets

But again, I can't complain about the work done to my car, its still running just fine. All of the recent happenings I just can't imagine why a company would choose to do that, especially since it seems like there is never any sort of response from Va Speed made public. I'm sure they don't want all of this to be public information, but if someone takes it on their on accord to post this information, and you know of it, it just seems logical to come out and try to prove to everyone you are trying to fix it. Even if its just to save face.