Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Plastidipped my beater eclipse.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: Plastidipped my beater eclipse.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
cant tell if youre joking or not, cause the ironic part is that is true.

otherwise I think leo is a sexy beast. and I like the look of this, and smart man saving for the wedding. good shit.

Yeah that was the whole joke. Ive known Leo for many years, havnt seen each other in years, but used to kick it way back when me and Chris Mo lived out at ODU ... literally 10 years ago now.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:59 AM
RE-SPECGARAGE
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

I could have painted that for mad cheap.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

LEOLEOLOLEOLEOLEOLLLEO!!!!

Why not just have the faded/peeling parts painted gloss black?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:56 PM
citymunky
Registered member

citymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud ofcitymunky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE

How cheap?

Last edited by citymunky; 12-22-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
ONEFLYAZN
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
yea, how much?

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
LEOLEOLOLEOLEOLEOLLLEO!!!!

Why not just have the faded/peeling parts painted gloss black?
The Hood, pass side, roof, trunk, wing, rear quarter all needed paint. Thats pretty much the entire car. lol
Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 PM
HerNameIsSway
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

Originally Posted by ONEFLYAZN
Paint was in pretty bad shape so I figured i'd try plastidip before painting as it was more cost friendly and I am trying to save money for my wedding.
I saw this post and got really excited as I painted most of my car for just $30 using Rustoleum rattle can paint from Walmart, so I wnted to see how much better it could get...

They recommend 5-6 coats of plasti dip for durability and easy peel. I didn't go with paint for cost purposes as I am trying to save for a wedding. This cost me about $350. A paint job would've been easily 5 times that.
...Then I saw your cost. WTF...

I recommend Rustoleum next time. You'd save another $320.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM
ONEFLYAZN
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

Originally Posted by HerNameIsSway
I saw this post and got really excited as I painted most of my car for just $30 using Rustoleum rattle can paint from Walmart, so I wnted to see how much better it could get...

...Then I saw your cost. WTF...

I recommend Rustoleum next time. You'd save another $320.
Wow, I wish you would've told me earlier!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:16 PM
HerNameIsSway
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

It's simple and cheap and all you need is lots of good practice and it would look great.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

It didn`t cost me even a fraction of what the OP paid to do his....you can get the exact same quality out of the rattle cans of plasti as you can the gallon and spray gun. You just have to take your time and remember to keep a reasonable distance from what you are spraying. Not to mention having a good left to right sweeping motion as you spray. I feel like i need to make a youtube video on how to plasti your car without paying more than $100 bucks.

The trail rig is due for a new dippin, 10 cans is all it takes.

Wow, I wish you would've told me earlier!

but.....then you couldn`t peal it off if/when you want a legit paint job. IMO i`de rather just peal off plasti than deal with layers of rattle can paint when it comes time to actually do a real paint job on the car.

But seriosuly, you could have had Macco paint the car for what you paid in plasti....next time just buy the cans because i do a whole jeep 3 times for what you did one dsm for.

Last edited by Hooch; 12-24-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:03 PM
HerNameIsSway
Shortbus never came.

Originally Posted by Mr White
but.....then you couldn`t peal it off if/when you want a legit paint job. IMO i`de rather just peal off plasti than deal with layers of rattle can paint when it comes time to actually do a real paint job on the car.
This car will never see a legit paint job, considering the price he paid for the car and the purpose of keeping it as a beater.

I would still go for the Rustoleum job.

Quick Reply: Plastidipped my beater eclipse.