Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Getting DSMLINK :D

Old 11-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Enigma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma
Default Re: Getting DSMLINK :D

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I've noticed a lot more of them around recently. I wanted one so bad in high school. A friend of mine bought one right after they came out. I loved that thing.
Yea? I got mine not too long after HS.. still fixing the abuse she has been under.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:16 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

My profec has given me perfect performance every time. It has virtually zero spike if it is dialed in correctly. And other reviews of various EBC's will prove that as well. The AVC-R also will wind up running you another 100 bucks. Stick with the Profec-B spec 1 as Ive heard of bad reviews of the Spec 2. Do some research on that model if you are that interested. O btw, other good features of DSMlink you might not know about is that it has plenty of 0-5v inputs. 4 to be exact. So you can actually log additional parameters such as EGT (hopefully you dont have one of these gauges, if you do sell the bastard off as it isnt needed any longer), 3bar GM MAP sensor, WB02, etc etc. DSMlink is like the mod that keeps on modding as Dave and Tom are constantly upgraded and updating the clients, just as I mentioned they just released v2.5 a few days ago with even more features.

Stutterbox
Antilag
Timing controls
Fuel controls (global as well as regular open loop controls)
MAF overrun protection
CEL disablement
Controllable dash lights to display warnings
Loggable boost
Loggable Knock
Fan controls, as well as Coolant offsets for various thermostats
Airflow controls, to recalibrate various airflow meters (hacked, MAFT etc)
No Lift to shift
HP and Torque estimates
Ability to ignore low throttle knock (eliminate phantom knock)
TPS offset for various aftermarket TB's
IdleSW simulation for various aftermarket TB's
4 additional 0-5v loggable inputs

Damn should I keep going? This system as I mentioned will be your best friend/mod ever recieved . If ya need help I can def help ya out if you're in my area. At this point Ive used the system enough that I have it down like it was the back of my hand. As mentioned on a stock setup like yours you wont be able to do much, however you will quickly be able to gain power, more so than you would otherwise, with future upgrades that you do.

On another note, I havent even been to the track since I've recieved DSMlink a year ago, along with 1g head, intake manifold, TB, FP Green turbo, 880cc's, SX FPR, new Nitto 555's, and a few other mods. I cant wait to see how much the times have dropped. I expect with the stutterbox and antilag I should be able to pull off a 1.6 60' no prob.

Last edited by 16g-95gsx; 11-09-2004 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:39 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
My profec has given me perfect performance every time. It has virtually zero spike if it is dialed in correctly. And other reviews of various EBC's will prove that as well. The AVC-R also will wind up running you another 100 bucks. Stick with the Profec-B spec 1 as Ive heard of bad reviews of the Spec 2. Do some research on that model if you are that interested. O btw, other good features of DSMlink you might not know about is that it has plenty of 0-5v inputs. 4 to be exact. So you can actually log additional parameters such as EGT (hopefully you dont have one of these gauges, if you do sell the bastard off as it isnt needed any longer), 3bar GM MAP sensor, WB02, etc etc. DSMlink is like the mod that keeps on modding as Dave and Tom are constantly upgraded and updating the clients, just as I mentioned they just released v2.5 a few days ago with even more features.

Stutterbox
Antilag
Timing controls
Fuel controls (global as well as regular open loop controls)
MAF overrun protection
CEL disablement
Controllable dash lights to display warnings
Loggable boost
Loggable Knock
Fan controls, as well as Coolant offsets for various thermostats
Airflow controls, to recalibrate various airflow meters (hacked, MAFT etc)
No Lift to shift
HP and Torque estimates
Ability to ignore low throttle knock (eliminate phantom knock)
TPS offset for various aftermarket TB's
IdleSW simulation for various aftermarket TB's
4 additional 0-5v loggable inputs

Damn should I keep going? This system as I mentioned will be your best friend/mod ever recieved . If ya need help I can def help ya out if you're in my area. At this point Ive used the system enough that I have it down like it was the back of my hand. As mentioned on a stock setup like yours you wont be able to do much, however you will quickly be able to gain power, more so than you would otherwise, with future upgrades that you do.

On another note, I havent even been to the track since I've recieved DSMlink a year ago, along with 1g head, intake manifold, TB, FP Green turbo, 880cc's, SX FPR, new Nitto 555's, and a few other mods. I cant wait to see how much the times have dropped. I expect with the stutterbox and antilag I should be able to pull off a 1.6 60' no prob.
can u tell me all about the stutterbox? ive seen the actual blue box some company was sellin and it was NOT cheap. what exactly does it do? how do i use it? etc.. also i was planning on goin str8 750 or 880cc injectors, but ppl keep tellin me to start off w/ like 550 or 6**cc injectors cause its harder to tune bigger injectors. how is it harder?

+ maybe w/ dsmlink i can figure out why the f*K my car turns off on tight turns like it did during every friggn lap in my autox races. It would turn off even when I wasnt turning. I just had to gun it real hard, make the car rock back and forth. I'm thinking my pump is takin a sh*t on me. I guess when I test this and notice one of those lines during the logging drop drasticlly then that'll prove its my pump heh.

Last edited by elementalwindx; 11-09-2004 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:14 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

Haha, yea definately go with 880's there is absolutely no reason not to. They can be had for 290 shipped brand new off ebay, and DSMlink will completely control them. People who are telling you otherwise are those people using the barbaric Safc and datalogger methods, remember I told u dsmlink will take you further, at this point in time you can truly begin to learn how to tune, and not band-aid a setup like the piggybacks cause you to do. With DSMlink it is absolutely NOT harder whatsoever to run larger injectors compared to 550's and 660's. The reason people tell you not to use them is because although you can turn down fuel on an Safc you cant adjust the deadtime. I will explain what deadtime is in a second here.

Basically the larger the injector, the larger the particular solenoid within the injector unit is. The larger the unit, the longer it takes for that solenoid to open and react. Granted you can turn down fuel so that the solenoid ultimately doesnt open as much as a smaller solenoid would, however the delay in reaction time for the solenoid cant be compensated for with an Safc. This delay in reaction time is called deadtime, and it is the period between which the electronic signal is sent from the ECU to the injector and the time the injector reacts. DSMlink has an input to offset the factory deadtime value, so ideally you can dial in any size injector you want and have it flow absolutely 100% like factory. Like I said I run 880's and I can attest to this. DSMlink is capable to 1000cc's or more no problem. Sorry for the longwinded explaination but I feel the in depth explaination is the only way to truly understand the answer to your question, but its one example of how this system is leaps and bounds more than the barbaric piggybacks every other DSMer seems to use.

Stutterbox, heh, great feature. Really simple to explain. You set up an RPM when you want stutterbox to kick in at, mine being 5500rpms, as well as a mph that you want to be sure you are under before it will work just to safeguard yourself, mine is set to something stupid low like 3-5mph or something. Then when you are at a dead stop with the clutch pushed in, floor the car. The car will sit and bounce the rpms at the desired RPM point, not letting them reach any higher than you wanted to, so effectively you can simple floor the throttle and know you are at the exact RPM you want and solely pay attention to the light tree. Then when its time to launch lift up on the clutch and keep the throttle floored, perfect launch every time. Nothing really much to explain here. And yes this kind of a system is generally reserved only for those with standalones or aftermarket ignition systems. In addition you can have antilag used during stutterbox to also have whatever boost you want built up while you're stutterboxing for a truly sick launch.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:00 PM
elementalwindx

Haha, yea definately go with 880's there is absolutely no reason not to. They can be had for 290 shipped brand new off ebay, and DSMlink will completely control them. People who are telling you otherwise are those people using the barbaric Safc and datalogger methods, remember I told u dsmlink will take you further, at this point in time you can truly begin to learn how to tune, and not band-aid a setup like the piggybacks cause you to do. With DSMlink it is absolutely NOT harder whatsoever to run larger injectors compared to 550's and 660's. The reason people tell you not to use them is because although you can turn down fuel on an Safc you cant adjust the deadtime. I will explain what deadtime is in a second here.

Basically the larger the injector, the larger the particular solenoid within the injector unit is. The larger the unit, the longer it takes for that solenoid to open and react. Granted you can turn down fuel so that the solenoid ultimately doesnt open as much as a smaller solenoid would, however the delay in reaction time for the solenoid cant be compensated for with an Safc. This delay in reaction time is called deadtime, and it is the period between which the electronic signal is sent from the ECU to the injector and the time the injector reacts. DSMlink has an input to offset the factory deadtime value, so ideally you can dial in any size injector you want and have it flow absolutely 100% like factory. Like I said I run 880's and I can attest to this. DSMlink is capable to 1000cc's or more no problem. Sorry for the longwinded explaination but I feel the in depth explaination is the only way to truly understand the answer to your question, but its one example of how this system is leaps and bounds more than the barbaric piggybacks every other DSMer seems to use.

Stutterbox, heh, great feature. Really simple to explain. You set up an RPM when you want stutterbox to kick in at, mine being 5500rpms, as well as a mph that you want to be sure you are under before it will work just to safeguard yourself, mine is set to something stupid low like 3-5mph or something. Then when you are at a dead stop with the clutch pushed in, floor the car. The car will sit and bounce the rpms at the desired RPM point, not letting them reach any higher than you wanted to, so effectively you can simple floor the throttle and know you are at the exact RPM you want and solely pay attention to the light tree. Then when its time to launch lift up on the clutch and keep the throttle floored, perfect launch every time. Nothing really much to explain here. And yes this kind of a system is generally reserved only for those with standalones or aftermarket ignition systems. In addition you can have antilag used during stutterbox to also have whatever boost you want built up while you're stutterboxing for a truly sick launch.

mmmphhmmmm, i think i just wet myself. haha yea...so are those ebay injectors worth it? Whats the diff between ball bearing injectors and whatever other kinds there are? The 880's i saw were like almost 400$
Old 11-09-2004, 06:23 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

The 290 dollar ones I speak of are from PTE, the same maker of many bolt on Garret turbo's as well as other performance parts. They are delphi injectors.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:57 PM
elementalwindx

The 290 dollar ones I speak of are from PTE, the same maker of many bolt on Garret turbo's as well as other performance parts. They are delphi injectors.
I see that here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33554

but what makes 1 880cc injector better than another 1 880cc injector?
Old 11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
smsalp20th

smsalp20th has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
mmmphhmmmm, i think i just wet myself. haha yea...so are those ebay injectors worth it? Whats the diff between ball bearing injectors and whatever other kinds there are? The 880's i saw were like almost 400$
lol you mean ball and disk injectors .

I run Fuel Injector Clinic's 850cc's and they idle like stock, seriously it's great. I probably won't ever have to worry about upgrading my fuel again, unless of course I run into alot of money, and have a need to go bigger .

Edit: whoops, I posted under my buddy Shanes ID, this is Andrew, Spooln4 btw...
Old 11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

They are the same manufacturer thats why, PTE uses Delphi injectors, meaning other vendors selling Delphi injectors are the same just with a different name. FIC 850's are also great as Drew pointed out, I would just go with something at least 850 or higher, as they all cost the same above 600cc's, and really that will allow you to never have to upgrade again.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:48 PM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

What do you alls EGT’s look like? With the antilag thing you are describing I would think your egt’s would shoot through the roof, of coarse that’s coming from a srt owner, which can run at 1700 degrees a lot.

Quick Reply: Getting DSMLINK :D