Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 12-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
SR20's are not OBD motors..it would be the exact same to put a Redtop or Blacktop in your car. Only real difference would be having VTC on an S14 SR.

You should buy it so i can join the darkside with you. If i can get everything sold fast enough, im buying an E36.
Well shows how much I know about SR's. If it'll pass emissions then that's all that matters. I'd be willing to buy the SR if Letze wants the shell. (if the price is right obviously) Currently researching SR into E36 swaps......

Researched: Seems like the main issue is clearing the steering rack (switching from bottom to top mount mani) and making a rear sump oil pan. Still looking into it for hangups but if those are the main things then that's not too bad.

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 12-18-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

We don't have emissions here.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
We don't have emissions here.
Then I guess that shows how much I know about anything. (typical ignorant BMW driver stereotype shining through brilliantly, but at least I can change my own oil )
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Then I guess that shows how much I know about anything. (typical ignorant BMW driver stereotype shining through brilliantly, but at least I can change my own oil )
LOL. srsly though..buy my motor.

i NEED to move on with my life. Time for something new.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
LOL. srsly though..buy my motor.

i NEED to move on with my life. Time for something new.
Honestly it's down to that or building a new M44. (have a new block waiting in the wings) PM me a figure and it'll really expedite the decision making process. Gotta consider every cost associated: custom mounts, wiring, all that jazz.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Honestly it's down to that or building a new M44. (have a new block waiting in the wings) PM me a figure and it'll really expedite the decision making process. Gotta consider every cost associated: custom mounts, wiring, all that jazz.
Done.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:29 AM
SinisterGOAT
B-Stags

SinisterGOAT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Yeah, it's after the shop. My dilemma with that is that i raised the car up the day after i got it from the shop and now they're saying i did something to the car....blah blah blah

But i think i got a lead on it. I believe it's the body control module that's toast, which doesn't really have to do with the shop. We'll see.

On a side note, it's fun driving my car with basicallly no P/S and speedo. Feels like a racecar.
what shop did you take it to? I know Hannabass & Rowe has a bit of a track record with screwing up electrical pretty friggin regular. And if it went through your insurance, generally you just hafta mention that you'll call the insurance company to get them to take care of it and normally they'll reluctantly help you out...that's what I had to do with my GTO back when.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

I are not of teh dead variety...

PS. Fuck you all...

-cheers
Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Well my wheels have been at Wheel Works for 19 days and counting. Apparently the sandblasting is taking longer than expected. I'd rather have it be done right than fast though, but this means they almost definitely won't be mounted before year's end. Anyone know of a good place to have part of a car vinyl wrapped? I want the roof black gloss but I'm not ready to commit to black paint at this point. I'm doing the roof black and a CF sunroof patch. (getting rid of that heavy-ass, broken cassette assembly)
Old 12-20-2011, 03:24 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Well my wheels have been at Wheel Works for 19 days and counting. Apparently the sandblasting is taking longer than expected. I'd rather have it be done right than fast though, but this means they almost definitely won't be mounted before year's end. Anyone know of a good place to have part of a car vinyl wrapped? I want the roof black gloss but I'm not ready to commit to black paint at this point. I'm doing the roof black and a CF sunroof patch. (getting rid of that heavy-ass, broken cassette assembly)
Longwood Signworks:
http://www.longwoodsignworks.com/

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic