Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM
pearl350z
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Hence my surprise at such cheap wheels on such an expensive car. It's like wearing a tailor-made suit and flip flops. But I understand the sentiment of wanting to save money. BBS's are FAR outside your budget unless you're hitting the used market.

EDIT: I've got some Mille Miglias 17x8.5 5x120 (obviously) quite similar to these:

If you're interested. you'd be funding some Watanabes for the Ti.
Are you rocking old school Iverson's? I had a pair of those back in the day!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Are you rocking old school Iverson's? I had a pair of those back in the day!
Not my picture, just used for illustration purposes. But yeah those are definitely Iverson's. lol Wonder how old that picture is.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:35 AM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Ok, so i decided to not be a cheap SOB and i went ahead and ordered the wheels i really wanted. I've got a set of VMR VB3s on the way
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Nice. Dimensions?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

LMAO i just got an email a couple hours ago saying those wheels in hyperblack(black chrome) have been discontinued. So i had to order a similar wheel in gunmetal. I think it'll still look really good, but i was excited about black chrome. Ohh well

The dimensions are 18"x8.5". I went ahead and took some advice just went for 18s.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Those wheels are going to look great on it! I, too, think the black chrome would look the best but either way I think the style of the wheel is great for your car. Good choice!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
LMAO i just got an email a couple hours ago saying those wheels in hyperblack(black chrome) have been discontinued. So i had to order a similar wheel in gunmetal. I think it'll still look really good, but i was excited about black chrome. Ohh well

The dimensions are 18"x8.5".I went ahead and took some advice just went for 18s.
I figured you would, for whatever reason companies just don't respect the 17" anymore. There's so much more variety in 18's and they'll probably fill your wheel well up a bit better.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

Thanks, i hope they look good. Its very rare to find a 135 with anything other than flat black wheels, so i wanted to try something a little different. Btw, i got the car back from the dealer today so if you and sam wanted to hang sometime this weekend LMK. i'd love to check out the M5.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:52 PM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

So SICK! What size/offset did you get?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:54 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
Thanks, i hope they look good. Its very rare to find a 135 with anything other than flat black wheels, so i wanted to try something a little different. Btw, i got the car back from the dealer today so if you and sam wanted to hang sometime this weekend LMK. i'd love to check out the M5.
For sure! A few of us are doing some photo's and video tomorrow if you want to try to get together at some point in time. Weather is supposed to be nice.

We're planning to have a good lookin' model Saturday or Sunday.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic