Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Only reason i wanted stainless is because i thought you couldn't weld stainless to non-stainless. I'm probably wrong about that...

But this is what i'm going for:

I already have the tips, i just need some mufflers. But i'm having a very hard time finding some that would work. Plan is 3" to the Y, then 2.5" all the way back to the muffler, and some big ole 5" tips!

Oh, and where is this perfection place you guys speak of?

And here's a pic of the stock exhaust just for comparison's sake:
[IMG]http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/lil_n8/liln8038.jpg[/IG]
You can weld stainless to mild,no problem.

Perection is on Peter's Creek RD,right down from the Acura dealership,across from the Harley dealership.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Carlo, i have to go to Perfection today actually to get my friends car inspected, wanna go with me?

edit- and please dont run duals!!! a single would look so much sexier!!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I agree with Corey. Go single. Be true to life.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
black_krix_si

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Haha ^
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM
iNF I Ghost I
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I'll tell you what I'd do, man. two chicks at the same time, man.
id get my red stapler back, then burn my work down lol

and ill just leave this here......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IumQqUa1bQ&list=FLy7ZmeLYC06xReXC0j24j0A&index=14&feature=plpp_video

Last edited by iNF I Ghost I; 04-02-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by TongWoo
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
Fuck yes!
Those little bitches were out a few days ago at the headquarters on Peter's Creek selling their wares.Perfect opportunity to buy some delicious cookies and creepster it up a little at the same time.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
pieisgude
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Carlo, i have to go to Perfection today actually to get my friends car inspected, wanna go with me?

edit- and please dont run duals!!! a single would look so much sexier!!
lol, but there's two holes in the bumper yo. But ive come up with a crazy idea....i'd like to buy an IS300 header, which compared to an SC header, doesnt merge into one pipe. It ends with a flange with 2 outlets. What about running that as a "dual" exhaust? Front 3 cylinders exit on the passenger side and the back 3 exit on the driver's side. Yay or nay?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

lol, but there's two holes in the bumper yo. But ive come up with a crazy idea....i'd like to buy an IS300 header, which compared to an SC header, doesnt merge into one pipe. It ends with a flange with 2 outlets. What about running that as a "dual" exhaust? Front 3 cylinders exit on the passenger side and the back 3 exit on the driver's side. Yay or nay?
Can you find any info on forums about which makes more power?I'd say there's a reason they used two different designs on essentially the same engine(unless one or the other was a last minute engineering fix for having too much shit in one area and having to work the exhaust around it)as far as there's got to be some reason(maybe cam profiles)that each works better with their respective engine as far as scavenging or something.If you do use a manifold with two totally separate paths,you'll probably need some sort of crossover at some point.
I wouldn't worry about it from the standpoint of ease of building the exhaust or anything like that.I'd also say it probably wouldn't be worth the money.Nitpicking over a few HP between two different manifolds doesn't make sense when with that engine you could pick up tons of power by replacing the stock manifold with one that has a turbo(s) on it
Old 04-03-2012, 06:14 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

How about a single manifold with a single turbo mounted on it, with a single exhaust coming out of the back. yeah.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic