Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-03-2012, 05:56 PM
white-lightning
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
white-lightning has disabled reputation
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Had my first experience with the goo that Water Wetter can cause. Pressure tested my radiator cap today and found it. I freaked at first thinking I blew another head gasket, but there was no other evidence of that. Then I remembered reading about the goo. Looks weird, but was not there two weeks ago.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I has a sad today Started getting horrendous wheel wobble from like 30+ that seems to be coming from the front right corner. Thought that maybe I just had a tire going down, added back the 10psi I lost and it got even worse. Haven't had time to dig into it yet, but whatever it is it sounds expensive.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
nfmsuprar1
Registered Member

nfmsuprar1 has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=TNGChris;7849081]Who failed you?Are you located in Roanoke?

*edit*Are you Keith's friend that I talked to earlier today about doing the welding work for you?[/QUOTE

I live just outside of Roanoke in Hardy.

A performance shop off 24 failed me.

No, I don't know anyone names Keith so it must
Be someone else.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:50 PM
boostdtalon
Registered Member

boostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond repute

Well got thru the phone interview and got the call yesterday for the in person interview next week. Hoping this goes well and i get on with RJ Reynolds.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Another bummer. I was hoping it'd be something simple like loose lug nuts. It wasn't. Looks like I'm limping my ass out to a shop.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:37 AM
eyeGOsloo
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
Perfection Muffler on Peters Creek Road is my personal favorite.
Originally Posted by nfmsuprar1
Thanks for the heads up, I've heard from someone else today that they do good work.
This. I have taken my car 1 other place and it failed. Perfection has done all of my friends, family, and personal cars over the years so I've always lead people in their direction
Old 07-11-2012, 04:26 AM
pieisgude
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Another bummer. I was hoping it'd be something simple like loose lug nuts. It wasn't. Looks like I'm limping my ass out to a shop.
what happened?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:04 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by pieisgude
what happened?
Started getting pretty bad wheel wobble and it's pulling to the right. I'm thinking it's a wheel bearing or tie rod (since I've pretty much eliminated bent wheel, low psi, and loose lug nuts). I can't jack it up but even sitting on the ground the whole wheel jiggles back and forth with the steering locked so I'm leaning towards tie rod. When I drive it even at 30 or so the right front feels like it's about to fall off.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:00 AM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by boostdtalon
Well got thru the phone interview and got the call yesterday for the in person interview next week. Hoping this goes well and i get on with RJ Reynolds.
WHAT? You're leaving Roanoke shops?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 AM
boostdtalon
Registered Member

boostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. Well see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic