Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-12-2012 | 06:32 PM
BSeriesTurbo
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Started getting pretty bad wheel wobble and it's pulling to the right. I'm thinking it's a wheel bearing or tie rod (since I've pretty much eliminated bent wheel, low psi, and loose lug nuts). I can't jack it up but even sitting on the ground the whole wheel jiggles back and forth with the steering locked so I'm leaning towards tie rod. When I drive it even at 30 or so the right front feels like it's about to fall off.
Could be the inner ball joint as well. Done a good few wheel bearings as well, but it should be a groaning/grinding noise if going to be the bearing. Most likely: inner tie rod. Done so many it's not even funny.
Old 07-12-2012 | 07:01 PM
Letze
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

Does any one around here know of any machine shops that do custom tube bending work?

I need two new lower tubes bend for my bike and I'm debating on if it's worth it to just buy a small tube bender.
Old 07-13-2012 | 08:43 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Could be the inner ball joint as well. Done a good few wheel bearings as well, but it should be a groaning/grinding noise if going to be the bearing. Most likely: inner tie rod. Done so many it's not even funny.
Are they difficult? Because thanks to the local shops this looks like a journey I'll be taking myself.
Old 07-13-2012 | 10:58 AM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Are they difficult? Because thanks to the local shops this looks like a journey I'll be taking myself.
If you're willing to make a trip to Roanoke I can talk to my buddy that works at magic city ford and he might be able to do your ball joint on the side for cheap. Of coarse, that's up to him and I can't make any promises.
Old 07-13-2012 | 11:53 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Take it to Benn.Martin's is the only place to go around here.
Old 07-13-2012 | 11:55 AM
pieisgude
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

hit a pothole today...now my steering's not centered. I angry.
Old 07-13-2012 | 01:04 PM
IonRedline89
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

To who it May concern(Honda's)just cause my car has a wing and a supercharger does not mean that your 1990 civic lowered with the exhaust taken off can beat me Its a waste of my time.Also when you reved your engine and took off in front of me the only thing you were burning was oil.P.S I heard the Rice & Furious Marathon was on this weekend ( keep dreaming ! ).
Old 07-13-2012 | 01:44 PM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by IonRedline89
To who it May concern(Honda's)just cause my car has a wing and a supercharger does not mean that your 1990 civic lowered with the exhaust taken off can beat me Its a waste of my time.Also when you reved your engine and took off in front of me the only thing you were burning was oil.P.S I heard the Rice & Furious Marathon was on this weekend ( keep dreaming ! ).
Old 07-13-2012 | 01:49 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
If you're willing to make a trip to Roanoke I can talk to my buddy that works at magic city ford and he might be able to do your ball joint on the side for cheap. Of coarse, that's up to him and I can't make any promises.
Originally Posted by TNGChris
Take it to Benn.Martin's is the only place to go around here.
I could probably limp it to Roanoke on route 11. I have a jack at my place now so I actually want to get up under it and confirm what's wrong and order whatever junk it needs. Any help would be appreciated immensely.

EDIT: IonRedline, you seem like a chill guy, but talking like that is how people get crucified on this site (especially talking about street racing).

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 07-13-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2012 | 01:50 PM
IonRedline89
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

So planed upgrades over the next 6 months stage 2 clutch 300+ hp tvs supercharger and full 3in exhaust hp should be around 320ish total cost close to 5k but the smile on my face will be priceless.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic