Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fuel system cleaner....now car idles high

Old 09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
ProbeGT-ZE
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default Re: fuel system cleaner....now car idles high

Originally Posted by Spindrift187
ka24e-t...Fuck a DE
screw u you hoe-bag u HAVE a DE...we have a similar setup at our dealership that valvoline makes....but the kit comes with its own adapters to suck in the cleaner, yes we hook it up to the brake booster's vaccuum port from the mainfold. but the adapter we use has a nipple on it that actually bleeds some of that pressure out so it sucks the fluid in more slowly, thus preventing locking of the engine...more than likely when they were standing on the throttle to keep it from stalling (i.e. this stuff is combustable and @ idle it'll stall the motor from going stupid rich so they keep the pedal down somewhat to keep the revs up so it'll burn the cleaner, this is BAD because the cleaner works best when atomized more, slower flow works better for this) they probably friend ur idle control motor, or a seal somewhere, or put a hole in ur intake somewhere after the MAF. the smoking while they're cleaning it is normal, if it flows in too fast. when we do this, it takes about 20 minutes to 30 minutes, with the cleaner being fed into the engine through a vaccuum line. depending on how fast the engine sucked the cleaner in, the amount of blue smoke is either more or less (faster/slower)

anyhoo i'd check:

vaccuum leaks
idle air control valve
TPS
and any other seals on the intake
also make sure they didn't crack that hose on the booster, if ur brakes feel spongey or weak, more than likely they created a crack in the rubber hose (it does get rather brittle over time) that goes to the booster. dbl check that stuff...better yet, have them do it since it was running okay (albiet smoking) prior to service...if it comes down to it, suck in some water and tell them the engine locked =o)
Old 01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Don_is_Rad
ooooooooooowwweeeeee

Don_is_Rad has disabled reputation

could it be an O2 sensor??
Old 01-15-2007, 05:42 PM
g S x
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

i think they half assed it and just sprayed cleaner (I hope it was throttle body cleaner because carburetor cleaner will eat the coating on a throttle body) into the throttle body to clean it and some of the nasty shit went into the idle air control motor ports and now its all gunked up. that'll do it every time.