Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H22 or GSR in a 95 EX coupe?

Old 10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
El Negro
#XV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: H22 or GSR in a 95 EX coupe?

Originally Posted by soon2b
an ls/vtec would not have more displacement then a gsr motor unless he bored the motor,
This is not true.

B18C1 (GSR motor)
Displacement: 1797 cm3

B18B1 (LS Motor)
Displacement: 1834 cc

As you know, the bore is the same with all B18 motors. The difference is in the stroke. If you use a LS crank and rods (as you should do with a LS/VTEC setup), you will have a larger displacement (by 37cm3) than you would if you simply had a stock GSR motor.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
brown_ricer
AWD talon

brown_ricer has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by blaxican25
This is not true.

B18C1 (GSR motor)
Displacement: 1797 cm3

B18B1 (LS Motor)
Displacement: 1834 cc

As you know, the bore is the same with all B18 motors. The difference is in the stroke. If you use a LS crank and rods (as you should do with a LS/VTEC setup), you will have a larger displacement (by 37cm3) than you would if you simply had a stock GSR motor.
i found a cheap ls/vtec swap im gonna go with.... should be nice!
Old 10-14-2006, 05:50 PM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Cheap and nice usually aren't common features of a engine.

If your'e going to go LS/VTEC, do it the right way.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:22 PM
brown_ricer
AWD talon

yeah lol... changed my mind im going gsr!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:25 PM
brown_ricer
AWD talon

i worded that wrong, it wasnt cheap it was coming with a car that i was going to trade... but im going with gsr b/c its a stock honda motor so it has the reliability... and still a nice motor
Old 10-14-2006, 06:57 PM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

The facts of the H22 swap are as follows.

The motor will out perform a B18c hands down. The transmission isn't geared properly. The driveline angles are horrible due to the aftermarket mount companies having minor ground and hood clearances to work with. Using an adapter plate and using a B series transmission will not only solve the issue of bad gearing but will give you the driveline angle of the B/D series engine in that chassis. You will have to sacrifice hood clearance though. Check out this website. http://www.quartersportsdrag.com/
Old 10-14-2006, 06:58 PM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by (F-)

motors dont make cars fast.
h22 is a heavy pig.

This is flat out not true.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:03 PM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I'm not just saying this because Scott's one of my good friends, but because he knows what the fuck he's talking about...

LISTEN TO HIM!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:54 PM
brown_ricer
AWD talon

Thumbs up Re: H22 or GSR in a 95 EX coupe?

Originally Posted by 0psi
The facts of the H22 swap are as follows.

The motor will out perform a B18c hands down. The transmission isn't geared properly. The driveline angles are horrible due to the aftermarket mount companies having minor ground and hood clearances to work with. Using an adapter plate and using a B series transmission will not only solve the issue of bad gearing but will give you the driveline angle of the B/D series engine in that chassis. You will have to sacrifice hood clearance though. Check out this website. http://www.quartersportsdrag.com/
thanks for all the info... that makes sense but also sounds expensive...i heard the h2b plate was like $900... the gsr seems alot more inexpensive to get swapped into the eg coupe and should still be fast if i get all the boltons and a tuner... i think my mind is set on the GSR... thanks for all the info and not being a dick on this thread
Old 10-14-2006, 07:55 PM
brown_ricer
AWD talon

Thumbs up Re: H22 or GSR in a 95 EX coupe?

Originally Posted by ritz
I'm not just saying this because Scott's one of my good friends, but because he knows what the fuck he's talking about...

LISTEN TO HIM!
will do!!!

Quick Reply: H22 or GSR in a 95 EX coupe?