Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Redline Time Attack - Summit Point, WV September 29th-30th

Old 10-04-2007 | 01:15 PM
Blown_xa
Registered Member

Blown_xa has disabled reputation
Default Re: Redline Time Attack - Summit Point, WV September 29th-30th

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
Really? That is something I'd have to see to believe no offense to you or your car.
Let's that's the mindset a lot of people have on my car... no offense taken. But many people saw it i have nothing to lie about.

Pos. Driver Car Time

- Street Class FWD -
1 Nick Bender Civic Si 1:47.490
2 Stephen Pilkerton Civic 1:47.580
3 Justin Crewshaw Scion xA 1:49.019

- Street Class RWD -
1 Brian Hair BMW 1:39.435
2 David Ortiz M3 1:39.622
3 Scott Blair M3 1:43.140

- Street Class AWD -
1 Kevin Demmons EVO 1:39.006
2 Ben Miller STI 1:41.326
3 Richard Johnson EVO 1:42.591

- Modified Class FWD -
1 Ross Miller Scion tC 1:42.423
2 Unopposed
3 Unopposed

- Modified Class RWD -
1 Skip Merryman S2000 1:39.075
2 Burak Tuglu Cayman 1:41.173
3 Steve Sabatell S2000 1:41.831

- Modified Class AWD -
1 Tom Miller EVO 1:33.543
2 James Elterman Subaru 1:35.935
3 Chad Koslow EVO 1:36.635

- Unlimited Class RWD -
1 Tyler McQuarrie 911 1:28.806
2 Tanner Foust S15 1:31.218
3 Barry Battle BMW 323 1:35.960

- Unlimited Class AWD -
1 Mark Daddio EVO 1:29.832
2 Kyle Germanton EVO 1:31.336
3 Luke Russel Subaru 1:32.135

- Overall Class Winners -
Modified Tom Miller EVO 1:33.543
Street Kevin Demmens EVO 1:39.006
Unlimited Tyler McQuarrie 911 1:28.806

- Grand Champion -
Tyler McQuarrie 911 1:28.806

Old 10-04-2007 | 02:28 PM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Just because you have..... car dose not mean that they have to make a class for you. And I really don't see how its to create diversity either. They have there rules and they are what they are. Some cars lend themselves better to a rule sets than others. Also the classes are broken down into FWD, RWD, and AWD so you are really only running against like cars. If you are talking for the overall fastest well that just isn't going to happen.... With the budget and talent of the cars and drivers in the Unlimited classes WOW!!!.
Old 10-04-2007 | 02:45 PM
Blown_xa
Registered Member

The Time Attack is great because you can show up with any car, and race.
Tires are what moslty divides the classes. Drivetrain also. Those two things are huge.
Here's an example, there was a toyota Paseo with some ridiculously wide hoosiers that passed a Z06 Corvette... they were both in modified class. Who's gonna take time time to test on what this car can and cant have yada yada to make them equal. There are so many types of cars out there, the rulebook would be 2000 pages long probably. In my class, a 600hp srt-4 could have competed and kicked my booty... but there wasnt one.
If you want spec racing, buy a Miata.

Races where everyone is made equal, are boring. Time Attack is fun.
Old 10-04-2007 | 03:18 PM
Axelerate
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by Blown_xa
The Time Attack is great because you can show up with any car, and race.
Tires are what moslty divides the classes. Drivetrain also. Those two things are huge.
Here's an example, there was a toyota Paseo with some ridiculously wide hoosiers that passed a Z06 Corvette... they were both in modified class. Who's gonna take time time to test on what this car can and cant have yada yada to make them equal. There are so many types of cars out there, the rulebook would be 2000 pages long probably. In my class, a 600hp srt-4 could have competed and kicked my booty... but there wasnt one.
If you want spec racing, buy a Miata.

Races where everyone is made equal, are boring. Time Attack is fun.

Uhhh hoosiers should of put it in the Unlimited Class.

After instructing and watching the races on Sunday, I think a well driven competative H1 car would of done VERY well, especially on this track. Maybe not at a high HP course like VIR, but on this track they would of.

I would of really liked to see a Z06 on R's, I think a well driven one would of taken the modified class, torque and grip!

I agree that there doesnt need to be more rules, not every car will be competative. The EVO's did very well, but alot of them seemed to have reliability issues.
Old 10-04-2007 | 03:45 PM
Blown_xa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Uhhh hoosiers should of put it in the Unlimited Class.

After instructing and watching the races on Sunday, I think a well driven competative H1 car would of done VERY well, especially on this track. Maybe not at a high HP course like VIR, but on this track they would of.

I would of really liked to see a Z06 on R's, I think a well driven one would of taken the modified class, torque and grip!

I agree that there doesnt need to be more rules, not every car will be competative. The EVO's did very well, but alot of them seemed to have reliability issues.
i thought hoosiers were 50 or 80 treadware?? that's modified isnt it? anything below 50 is unlimited.
But yea that vette on R's would have been beast
Old 10-04-2007 | 03:49 PM
Axelerate
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by Blown_xa
i thought hoosiers were 50 or 80 treadware?? that's modified isnt it? anything below 50 is unlimited.
But yea that vette on R's would have been beast

I think it's below a 100.

All the cars in modified were on RA-1's or NT01's.
Old 10-05-2007 | 03:26 AM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Not to be a dick but if TT's ever realy catch on there will be cars in all classes that are prepped to the letter of the ruleset and if driven well will crush any car that is not as well prepped. And there really is no arguement to that. I think what car is going around the track is being confused with what driver is in that car at this stage in the game. Its great that TT is realy on the cusp of getting bigger. But from what I heard that course was like a 3rd gear autoX. On the Main course or say VIR car prep and HP will shine. Also for the tire questions...

- All Modified Class vehicles are required to use DOT approved tires with UTQG tread wear ratings of 50 and above. Tires with less than a UTQG rating of 50 are not permitted in Modified Class.

Hoosiers are a 40..
Old 10-05-2007 | 05:13 AM
Blown_xa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by vbspec
Not to be a dick but if TT's ever realy catch on there will be cars in all classes that are prepped to the letter of the ruleset and if driven well will crush any car that is not as well prepped. And there really is no arguement to that. I think what car is going around the track is being confused with what driver is in that car at this stage in the game. Its great that TT is realy on the cusp of getting bigger. But from what I heard that course was like a 3rd gear autoX. On the Main course or say VIR car prep and HP will shine. Also for the tire questions...

- All Modified Class vehicles are required to use DOT approved tires with UTQG tread wear ratings of 50 and above. Tires with less than a UTQG rating of 50 are not permitted in Modified Class.

Hoosiers are a 40..
End of 3rd gear!! wow i musta been flying.. ive never been in an auto-x and hit 100mph! I was at the end of 4th almost bouncing the rev limiter. VIR is this weekend.
u are right about the hoosiers though.
Old 10-05-2007 | 06:08 AM
Blown_xa
Registered Member

In conclusion, The Time Attack was a blast. Everyone with $ put into their car should try it IMO. I don't think sombody should pick apart rules and have negitive opinions on the time attack and have never done one, cause that doesnt make sense.
There are so many factors involved in how sombody does... there are different courses that favor certain cars and set-ups, so what. Is that a reason not to try? If it had rained, the AWD cars would have won overall probably. But I doubt anyone would let their guard down cause of it.
On that particular course driving and tires were #1. HP wasnt. Next weekend some dufuss with a 1000hp car could win even though he is not the best driver. But that's just how things are. Oh well. That's no reason to not try. I went there with nothing, and came out with somthing... so I'm happy!
Old 10-05-2007 | 12:16 PM
hybridmoments
Registered Member

hybridmoments has disabled reputation

Diversity is good. but the classing for the REDLINE events is pretty much too simple. only real difference between street and modified is the tires. you could have the same engine swaps, forced induction, etc, in either class.
Personally that isn't a logical difference to divide those two classes in my opinion.

Good to see you come out though. our friend Ross drove the Ptuning TC. your XA only makes 133hp turboed? ouch.
my friend steve narrowly missed first in Street Fwd. he was running a stock N/A type r motor.

i'll be out in my car next year. 88 civic hatch. 1.6 turbo. about 275whp. 2000 lbs. i guess it will be Modified class though, cause it will be flared upfront to clear some 275/35/15 Hoosier autocross tires. I guess i could run some 245/45/16 Kumho V700 and battle Ross if he drives the Ptuning car again.

BACK TO MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS:
all i'm saying is that the Redline guy was saying "where are all the Hondas, and Honda Challenge guys"

and i laid out exactly why most Honda Challenge cars wouldn't run. an H4 car has a stock engine. there are very little mods you can do to make HP besides some bolt ons and extensive tuning. and in Honda Challenge trim the cars don't even have any weight advantages.(i.e. an H1 civic with K20 swap has to weigh 2400 lbs. my friends "street car" of the same spec weighs 2100 lbs.)
so his car is much lighter, much faster, and much less "Track safe".

H4 car in Modified class would be running against Turbo'ed and highly built swapped N/A cars. an H4 92 civic Si has to weigh 2200lbs. he would have to compete against my 2000lb turbo'd civic with over twice the HP and nearly 3x the torque. not to mention H4 cars are limited to 7" wide wheels. so most would be running a 225/45/15 Toyo Ra1 at the widest!

if they let all honda challenge cars run in Modified then i think alot more cars would come out. and they really won't have any advantage as they will all be running N/A. and toyo RA1 are not as sticky as a 50 treadwear Victoracer or V700 that anyone else could run in Modified class.

is the classing wrong?? not necessarily. but the fact is if alot of people are going to be placed into "UNLIMITED" class, and have no chance of winning, then they probably won't run there cars.
sure they may win Unlimited FWD, but a Honda Challenge car would never have a chance against the AWD and RWD unlimited cars.
the fastest FWD car (ptuning TC) at Redline Summit was 14 seconds off the winning Unlimited class time. (porsche) and the ptuning car Ross said put down nearly 300hp. no honda challenge car is in that league. more like 240whp tops

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack - Summit Point, WV September 29th-30th