Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Car Modification Laws in Virginia

Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
threeleggedrat
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
threeleggedrat has disabled reputation
Default Re: Car Modification Laws in Virginia

Originally Posted by Just_ME
Well I am also talking about simple mods like tint and sound systems and things like that. Sure not everyone wants to lower there car or wants to raise there car or anything like that but they are some things people would like to do that is not allowed in VA. I find it stupid how for example we HAVE to have a license plate in the front of our cars. Its pointless, I have been told its for cops, well I have been pulled over a few times and I dont know about yall but the cops dont look at my front plates, they pull in behind me and run my plates. I dont understand that. Its just stupid little stuff like that, that gets to me.

SEMA has been fighting the good fight. The car club councils of virginia are also a good place to start.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Just_ME
Registered Member

Just_ME has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 240trainee
I'm not a fan of the laws myself, in fact, there is a state trooper looking for my car to ticket it when he saw it in front of my work, he wanted to write tickets for every modification.

But

I wish they would fucking enforce the sound system laws more.

If you are one of the mother fuckers who rolls through VCU and rattles the windows of my house with your subs thinking your a hardass, I hope you get ticketed more.

At least my car just scrapes a little bit, not rattling the windows out of other peoples houses.

I agree with you on the sound system, how ever I live in the woods so that doesnt bother me much but I understand where you are coming from. I just wish some these laws were to be dropped.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
DecentCivicZ6
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedCobaltSS
he means commiewealth

yeah dude welcome, Virginia fucking owns you. and me. and everyone else...just deal with it, pay the fines, and keep the car the same, thats how I do...after 13 exhuast tickets...guess what, they stopped...I aint got one in over a year now, Used to get one every other month. ive been charged with reckless 3 times...got out of all of them...cause the cops just come at me with such BS and the judge knows this...Va is wack as shit on one hand, and on the other, its cool...just fuck it..laws are the laws they are BS ass laws, but they dont stop me from doing shit to my car...or puff puff.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by DecentCivicZ6
yeah dude welcome, Virginia fucking owns you. and me. and everyone else...just deal with it, pay the fines, and keep the car the same, thats how I do...after 13 exhuast tickets...guess what, they stopped...I aint got one in over a year now, Used to get one every other month. ive been charged with reckless 3 times...got out of all of them...cause the cops just come at me with such BS and the judge knows this...Va is wack as shit on one hand, and on the other, its cool...just fuck it..laws are the laws they are BS ass laws, but they dont stop me from doing shit to my car...or puff puff.
Nope...I think it's you