Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Nice Resturants on the oceanfront

Old 07-15-2008, 04:30 AM
Speed-O
smuggling grapes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O
Default Re: Nice Resturants on the oceanfront

Originally Posted by _crs
$5 all you can eat sushi @ OHANA's on Thursdays
orly? What time they start/stop that?
Old 07-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Beach Cruiser
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

If your staying at Spring Hill Marriott, then Black Angus is across the street, and Mahi's is 1 block down. That way you can avoid driving. Mahi's has the view, and there will be a band outside Fri, Sat and a killer band on Sunday starting at 6. For some low key drinks and relaxing atmosphere try Chix cafe next to Mahis. It's nice to sit on the patio and knock back some cold ones.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 AM
GrenadeCRX
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

Originally Posted by Beachin_240
As someone who used to work at Melting Pot, I will say that it's overpriced for what you actually get. You're paying for the experience, and it honestly is a lot of fun and forces you to take your time (we usually take 2 1/2 hours from start to finish). That being said, we'll probably never go back because we bought a fondue pot and discovered how easy (and cheap) it is to do fondue at home that tastes just as good

If you do go to Melting Pot, and you want a more private dining experience, ask for table 7 when you make the reservation
He's right... it is a place you have to at least try once, and it is way different than anyother place you'll go to. It is about a hundred bucks for two people for a four course meal-little less if you order right. He's right about that table though...table 7 or 9. Get John as your server too.

Don't go to Catch..tourist spot. Over priced and hyped way too much NTM too loud for dinner for two. Gave them and their upscale private dining restaurant "Salacia" plenty of chances to impress me and make up for past experiences and they failed every time.

RC is having that three course meal for 90 a couple.. I would do that or the pot if you are looking for something new.

Last edited by GrenadeCRX; 07-15-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:59 AM
GrenadeCRX
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

Oh yeah... the week of the July 20th it is restaraunt week in downtown norfolk.. three courses for thirty bucks a person.. all the nice places down there are doing it.. If you end up doing that, go to Byrd and Baldwin Brothers.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:28 AM
jpistheman22
Registered Member

jpistheman22 has disabled reputation

its catch 31, not 21, cuz its on 31st street. also if you go to town center on the intersection of independence and virginia beach blvd's there are tons of good restaurants like pf changs (where i used to work, chinese food), cheesecake factory (regular american dishes), california pizza kitchen (pizzas pastas and salads), bravos (italian), red star tavern (bar/dining), and a bunch more -- and theyre within blocks of one another so if you look at their menus and decide not to eat there theres a restaurant across the street
Old 07-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Beachin_240
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrenadeCRX
table 7 or 9.
Only thing about 9 is, you hear all the chatter and noise coming from the kitchen, it's quiet at table 7.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 AM
TRYMYZ

TRYMYZ has disabled reputation

I wouldn't eat at Mahi Mahs. We had a business dinner there one time and roaches were crawling all over the walls. Now I understand just about every restaurant has bugs, but most keep them out of plain view. They saw them and simply did not care. Others that frequent Mahi Mahs say its a normal thing. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
ZweetdreamZ
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
That's exactly what they deliver, as well as non-frozen premade shit.
I know what they deliver. And shit isn't one of the items. Also there is alot of non premade stuff on that truck too.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:48 PM
ODU_Lude
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ
I know what they deliver. And shit isn't one of the items. Also there is alot of non premade stuff on that truck too.
do you work for them or something?

and yes, you're right, not everything is premade.

sysco simply packages everything up into certain portions... may it be lettuce, tomatoes, lemons or crushed red pepper. for those who might not know.

another place i've heard good things about is Salacia on the top of the Hilton? i think. anyway. very classy/upscale.

could try that and let us know, unless someone else here has dined there before.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:35 AM
GrenadeCRX
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ODU_Lude
another place i've heard good things about is Salacia on the top of the Hilton? i think. anyway. very classy/upscale.

could try that and let us know, unless someone else here has dined there before.
It's crap. Been there three times. It SUCKED all three.

Quick Reply: Nice Resturants on the oceanfront