Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What I drive...

Old 11-07-2003, 12:37 PM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LighthouseJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Still, people overexaggerate how I feel just to (try to) make their own point. I don't pass people routinely anyone, I'm not the stupid rice boy that tries to show off at every chance I get. I don't have the big ugly wing or 3000 watt sound system so people 3 streets over are forced to listen to same music I listen to. I know what AWD gives me, I don't need anyone to remind me.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:51 PM
racerns
Instructor

racerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by LighthouseJ
Hey, I'm just extinguishing the flames of ignorance (or is it jealousy?).
LOL!! Ignorance huh , what do you really know about cornering a car? Have you ever taken a High Performance driving class, been on a road course or maybe an autocross, or even read a book about the subject? I have been instructing High Performance driving for 6+ years so I do know a little about the subject.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

I know what AWD gives me, I don't need anyone to remind me.
If you know what AWD gives you, great.

I know what my AWD, AWS, and active suspension do for me. Big stinking deal.

If you want to share your views about you mastering the corners with your AWD beast, nobody wants to hear it. At least when you act like a tool kthx.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:15 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by racerns
Just taking outside passes on the street sounds kind of stupid.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:16 PM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

Actually, I have been to an autocross, at the VMP, with the VMSC with my Audi last summer. I also volunteered my help to the organization by writing down race times to all 125 drivers 3 times in the first heat. I'd like to do more, but I'm to wrapped up in work and school to have time for extracurricular activities. So, take your condescending attitude and hit the road because it's not going to work here, not with me.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:19 PM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

VR-4ever, if everyone has something to say to me, should I not respond? I'm restating what I have been saying this entire time, the people that still hang around seem to just not understand.

also, if nobody wants to hear it, why are you reading it?

Last edited by LighthouseJ; 11-07-2003 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:34 PM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

When I do get out of school and start working, I want to race in rallies, I think it's a pretty intense form of racing because it's so much more unpredictable than road racing. It totally amazes me when I watch european rallies in Norway, they race at night in a snow storm for 20 minutes straight. The amount of focus needed for 20 minutes of rally driving through a dark forest simply astounds me. I want to do that very much.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:56 PM
racerns
Instructor

racerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the rough

So, take your condescending attitude and hit the road because it's not going to work here, not with me.
WOW, I guess that translates into "I am right and you are not going to tell me any different" Sorry if I sound condescending, that is not my intent. I was just trying to clarify your misconception (or perceived misconception) of the handling of AWD cars. I am glad you made it out to an autocross, but one time only is not going to teach you much. I would suggest a one or two day performance driving school at a road course or since you like rally this may be a good place to check VIR . I just hope you respond to instruction a little better than you do to correction.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:38 PM
LighthouseJ
German Engineered

You just had to make that last little jab, didn't you? You couldn't just leave it alone. I know how all-wheel drive cars handle and my comprehension of these vehicles is consistent with defintions by authoritative sources (such as books and informational websites). The "condescending attitude" was when you challenged my experience, puffing your chest out and naming all of your glorious achievements in the automotive field.

You sound like you are in largely a later station in life. If you have experienced what you say you have, then you seem to not be in college and not trying to work and pay your way through college. Well, I have to, and performance driving schools aren't the most important thing in my life, finishing my BS is first, then the fruits of my labor is next.

I will check out VIR though, it looks like what I'm trying to get into. When I can afford the car, parts and a place to store it in, I would like to compete.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:46 PM
WithoutRegret88
No More Celica

WithoutRegret88 is an unknown quantity at this point

*Reeeeeooowwwwwrrrrr* *hiss hiss* C'mon you two, starting to sound like a catfight up in here.

Audi's are cool, and so are AWD cars. And don't take critiqueing offensively, man, he's just tryin to help and you're biting his head off. People on this board (most of them) are good about that, they arent saying you dont know what you're talkign about, they're just saying that they dont want someone to correct you in front of a crowd and make you look retarded. Ease up on it and don't be so hostile. I like your car. So do alot of other people, and we should just stick to the thread about the car, right? We can just smack anotherone up on Aspects of FWD vs AWD vs RWD.

Quick Reply: What I drive...