Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice

Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 AM
marlinspike
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: 1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
I'm trying to think of an excuse that would get a warning for 95mph, but I'm coming up with nothing.
Do you guys get 1.5x pay for court dates?

Also, for an excuse, how about "BEES, BEES EVERYWHERE, SAVE YOURSELF!!!!!!"
Old 07-26-2010, 08:19 AM
IMSHAKN
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
Research that model then get back at me. Fine ~$100 is better than the fine of the other. I do A LOT of I95 driving North and South and wouldn't go without one anymore.

The kids with the turdboxes would get the $25 ones that don't go off until you're on top of the officer
You are ignoring the initial purchase of the radar detector...a $500 unit at that.

Obeying the speed limit is much cheaper.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Do you guys get 1.5x pay for court dates?

Also, for an excuse, how about "BEES, BEES EVERYWHERE, SAVE YOURSELF!!!!!!"
THERE ALL OVER THE PLACE OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!

Im allergic to bees! Me too, lets get out of here! WE WILL COME BACK AND CHECK ON YOU LATER
Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

30 over in new kent? Lawyer up ASAP. Best case scenario, they treat it as a speeding ticket. Plead no contest, tell the judge you're sorry, you were just really excited to see your GF.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR

You think a 95mph summons was written to meet a quota (even though there are no quotas for Troopers) at the end of the month? Do you think it wouldn't have been written at the beginning of the month?

I'm trying to think of an excuse that would get a warning for 95mph, but I'm coming up with nothing.
Not saying it's the only reason obviously, but it's just one more reason why he's sure as hell not gonna miss that court date. lol I never claimed to know anything about the law or how law enforcement works, you'd know a hell of a lot better than me.

And how about "I drive a Toyota?"
Old 07-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Its Chey
Why so serious?

Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey

I lived in New Kent for 20 years. You are screwed. A close friend of mine just so happens to be the Commonwealth Attorney's daughter.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 AM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by IllestVa
I was on my way to Va. Beach for a little vacation time with my girlfriend, she flew from Iwakuni, Japan for my bday. I wanted to leave early in the morning to beat any kind of traffic. Around 6:30am, I was traveling down 64 and a state trooper pulls me over near Kent County. He tells me that I was doing 95mph in a 65mph. I have to admit I was speeding but wasnt swerving in and out of traffic, just straight up cruizing lol. I tried to reason with him, saying that I was getting tired from the travel, was in a conversation with my girl and didnt really notice how fast I was going.

This is my first reckless/ticket, driving record is clean as a wistle. I have taken a drivers improvement class, advice from my recruiter. Soo, now Im just worried about the outcome.

By the way, how much would a traffic lawyer cost?

save your cash, first time offense. ask for a court appointed lawyer. Then get it reduced to speeding and take driving school. Pay 100.00 - 250.00 fine depending on your record.
Ask me how I know.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 PM
IllestVa
Registered Member

IllestVa has disabled reputation

I did take a drivers improvement course and my record is soo uber clean, including criminal if that. Just made a careless mistake. I dont think a court appointed lawyer would actually do there job, right?

Damn this reckless is mind fucking me right now. lol
Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 PM
H. Love
MIZAKRO

H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love

suck it up and slow down.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Quick Reply: 1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice