Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by djgrom
man up!!!!!
I man upped 13 years ago when I rode in 30-35 degree weather. Now I rather drive in the comfort of heat when it is that cold and not worrying how my traction is coming along
Old 12-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I man upped 13 years ago when I rode in 30-35 degree weather. Now I rather drive in the comfort of heat when it is that cold and not worrying how my traction is coming along
Agreed lol. Not quite that age yet, but low siding on cold tires + cold pavement is not an experience I'd like to go through again.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Oh, and early Xmas present from the wife.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

just going to say this but if you are riding in ice, then yeah worry about sliding out but otherwise.....even 30 degree weather is not going to reduce your traction to scary UNLESS you are pushing it. If you ride gently everything will be hunky doory.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:08 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

cant be said any better. im so over that sh1t, i can wait.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

just going to say this but if you are riding in ice, then yeah worry about sliding out but otherwise.....even 30 degree weather is not going to reduce your traction to scary UNLESS you are pushing it. If you ride gently everything will be hunky doory.
on street tires maybe, on racetec track tires, you can feel the difference in grip ina 30 degree ride and a 60 degree ride. so i rather drive my car.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Have you ever ridden over something in 33 degree weather that happened to have ice on it? When you do, you will never forget it as you will notice it. It is not a risk I rather take a chance on with my bike, or myself because I came across black ice or I didn't see the pothole cover in time that had ice on it just so I can get that extra 20 minute ride in during the winter months. You can do that shit. I will drive my car. You get wiser as you get older and learn what is not worth a risk.

I remember my first Sub 35 degree ride. It was back in Feb 1998 on my old 96 ZX6R. There was frost covering my entire bike including the seat and I froze my ass off that night.

Last edited by Woodrow; 12-07-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:11 PM
TheGreatLean

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

The coldest ride I've been on was back in 2003 or early 2004. We rode down Pungo to Currituck ferry when it was snowing. If you've been that way, imagine all the waters, as far as you can see, including the Currituck Sound being frozen. This was much worst than the polar bear runs we did. At that time we didnt think much of it, but in hind sight, that was pretty stupid.

I've done enough of those cold weather rides, now I'm not too eager to ride when the weather is below 50.

The track is where I get the most fun out of the bike.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Originally Posted by TheGreatLean
The track is where I get the most fun out of the bike.
Going to try to go with you next year.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
TheGreatLean

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
Oh, and early Xmas present from the wife.

very nice, Jon.
You're a lucky man to have a wife like her.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread