Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by OMG Z34
Allen, that sounds fucking awesome. Good luck man, no matter the outcome it's still going to be an amazing time. Get lots of video!
Yeah, I'm finally going to invest in a gopro. Although, honestly, I expect there to be cameras everywhere so there should be a lot of virus.

Honestly, there's probably 5-6 cars there that I should be evenly matched with or have an advantage over so I'm sure it won't be a total blow out lol

I'll give you a heads up on the next one and hopefully we can get a few locals to caravan up to have fun
Old 07-05-2013, 03:43 PM
BSeriesTurbo
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

I asked my buddies that live there and they aren't going, I was going to get them to give you a hard time lol
Old 07-06-2013, 11:31 AM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
I asked my buddies that live there and they aren't going, I was going to get them to give you a hard time lol
Hell yeah lol
This is the first event like this at ATCO and it is a "proof of concept." If it works out well and attendance is good then they will begin holding these events regularly and will expand them to multi-day events. Based on the participant list and the fact there is only ~5 spectator spots left open I say it's going to be back.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Anybody interested in a supermoto track day at the kart track at VIR next Sunday, the 14th?We have the track for open practice from 8AM-2PM,cost will be about $25-$30 per person(I'll know for sure tomorrow).Full safety gear(helmet,jersey/jacket,pants,gloves,boots.Can be roadrace or motocross stuff) are required.Anybody interested PM me.Should be a lot of fun!On the Main Course the NARRA group will be having a race day,so we'll have cool cars to watch too.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:10 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

So... everyone probably knows we just got hit with a crazy storm and a lot of Roanoke was hit with a flash flood. I'm watching the news and watching people being pulled in boats....... by firefighters... who are walking in the water, physically pulling the boats.

I think it's great that they're out there helping potentially save lives, but what is the reason for using the boats if they're able to just walk in it? lol
Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 PM
ej1995
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla:8176104
So... everyone probably knows we just got hit with a crazy storm and a lot of Roanoke was hit with a flash flood. I'm watching the news and watching people being pulled in boats....... by firefighters... who are walking in the water, physically pulling the boats.

I think it's great that they're out there helping potentially save lives, but what is the reason for using the boats if they're able to just walk in it? lol
I try stray from being very offensive, but sometimes I just cant help it.

Ok, if these dumb asses are stupid enough to drive their car into the intersection that is under a foot of water or more then I say let them figure out how to get out on their own.

On another similar note, i believe that if people had common sense and managed to not be so damn lazy, they would be able to say, ok lets get up out of this car and walk to higher ground. That is not the case though, the attitude is more like,

"I can drive thu this...awww shit the car died...awww shit the water is coming in... 911 help im drowning in my car, send a lifeboat to save me."

/FloodRant
Old 07-10-2013, 03:34 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by ej1995
I try stray from being very offensive, but sometimes I just cant help it.

Ok, if these dumb asses are stupid enough to drive their car into the intersection that is under a foot of water or more then I say let them figure out how to get out on their own.

On another similar note, i believe that if people had common sense and managed to not be so damn lazy, they would be able to say, ok lets get up out of this car and walk to higher ground. That is not the case though, the attitude is more like,

"I can drive thu this...awww shit the car died...awww shit the water is coming in... 911 help im drowning in my car, send a lifeboat to save me."

/FloodRant
LOL! I guess you're probably right. It just seems silly to walk a boat through an intersection to rescue anyone. It would take less physical effort to just have two guys pick the person up and carry them.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 PM
ej1995
Registered member

Or heaven forbid the people walk out of it themselves...lol

Most of the people in these situations bring it on themselves unfortunately.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Well, yeah, exactly! That's precisely my point. The children at the daycare I saw on the news, I understand. They were black--and clearly can't swim.............................................. . (kidding)

...but really, the children, I understand. The adults being towed away in a boat, I don't get. Ability to swim or not, it wasn't deep enough to not be able to just walk out of it. I understand the danger of being able to be swept away by a small amount of water, but I'm still at a loss. I wish I'd gone out deep water hunting in the Jeep, but I had just cleaned the inside out from the last big storm. My windshield wipers don't help when the water is on the inside of the windshield! Haha!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 AM
ej1995
Registered member

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla:8176505
Well, yeah, exactly! That's precisely my point. The children at the daycare I saw on the news, I understand. They were black--and clearly can't swim.............................................. . (kidding)

...but really, the children, I understand. The adults being towed away in a boat, I don't get. Ability to swim or not, it wasn't deep enough to not be able to just walk out of it. I understand the danger of being able to be swept away by a small amount of water, but I'm still at a loss. I wish I'd gone out deep water hunting in the Jeep, but I had just cleaned the inside out from the last big storm. My windshield wipers don't help when the water is on the inside of the windshield! Haha!
I just lost it on that first part! Haha.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic