Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2005 Mustang Gt

Old 10-25-2004, 06:18 PM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: 2005 Mustang Gt

Originally Posted by SLOW_GTP
I paid $8500 for my 300hp

I paid $5500 for my 300hp.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:32 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

i seen one yesterday in grafton. the front looks dope, so i gave him a thumbs up as he drove by. then i took a glimpse at the back and regretted it.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 94GT
i love them... but fuck FORD they suck, when ur car gets 10 year old good luck finding parts ie transmissions.... FUckers
stop being dumb Blake.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by El Cid
I like everything I've seen about the new Stangs so far. Still need to see them in person. One thing in that article that I find quite impressive is the braking!

60 – zero in only 116ft!! That is very impressive and you get those brakes standard on the GT, optional on the girl’s model (V6). The Supra is 109ft (same as the Ferrari Enzo). The new Vipers do it in 97ft. Basically anything below 120ft is world-class. Looks like they finally got it right. Both my previous Mustangs (98 and 01) would warp their rotors the first time you pushed the pedal with any effort.

Brakes – Adding Whoa to the Go

Bigger usually means better when it comes to brakes, but that is only part of the story behind the 2005 Mustang’s sophisticated standard four-wheel-disc braking system.

Along with Mustang’s biggest-ever rotors and stiffest calipers, comes a new, four-channel anti-lock braking system. Standard on GT and optional on V-6, it enhances braking performance. In addition to helping prevent wheel lock-up, the new system has electronic brake force distribution, which distributes braking power to the wheels where it can be used most effectively.

Dual piston aluminum floating front calipers clamp down on 316 mm (12.4-inch) front brake discs on GT models – an increase of more than 15 percent in rotor size. On the GT, the brakes have 14 percent more swept area than those of the previous model. These rotors are 30 mm thick and are ventilated to provide consistent stopping power, even under the strain of excessive heat induced by repeated hard braking. The payoff comes in shorter stopping distances, better pedal feel and longer pad and rotor life.

In the rear, the brake rotors are 300 mm (11.8 inches) in diameter – more than 12 percent larger than the previous Mustang – and 19 mm thick. Rear rotors are vented on both the GT and V-6. Single-piston calipers sweep 18 percent more area than the rear brakes on the previous Mustang.

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html
my 13" Brembos got that beat..... of cousre, I'm not really a normal Mustang anymore either.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by El Cid
60 – zero in only 116ft!! That is very impressive and you get those brakes standard on the GT, optional on the girl’s model (V6). The Supra is 109ft (same as the Ferrari Enzo). The new Vipers do it in 97ft. Basically anything below 120ft is world-class. Looks like they finally got it right. Both my previous Mustangs (98 and 01) would warp their rotors the first time you pushed the pedal with any effort.

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html
Where did the braking information (Toyota and Ferrari) come from? I doubt that a Supra can brake any where near as well as an Enzo. The enzo has bigger brakes that are made of exotic materials and the car is quite a bit lighter. I don't believe the Supra has brakes even as big as my R32.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by XCELR8
my 13" Brembos got that beat..... of cousre, I'm not really a normal Mustang anymore either.
Yes, my car brakes in a shorter distance as well.

Usually as new generations come to existance, their performance increases. This is of course not always true (Mitsubishi Eclipse).
Old 10-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

I was kinda thinking that myself Corey.....
Old 10-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I was kinda thinking that myself Corey.....
That a supra doesn't brake as well as an enzo or that new car generations are supposed to get better?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Originally Posted by greygti
That a supra doesn't brake as well as an enzo or that new car generations are supposed to get better?
The Supra braking like a Enzo part