Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

additions to the main site/forums.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
MerF
Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: additions to the main site/forums.

Originally Posted by bensrex
Since I was directed here, I don't like the idea that "only members of the club can post". I think if someone joins DragVA who enjoys taking nice pictures, they should be able to post them. Maybe have sub-forums within this Picture Forum like... "Nature/Scenery", "Automobiles", "Bikes", "Homes", "Animals"... etc.
Which brings up a point....Eye Candy will still exist, right? Then the everyday joe thread "look at my car" can still be posted somewhere.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
bensrex
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I feel that the Eye-Candy should stay for videos, flash art, etc.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:03 PM
urvtecs2slo
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

eye candy will still exist.

flodase-r, yes, just submit your pictures to eng. we need people in your area to take photos as well. this isnt limited to the penn/southside.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Kim Jong Illin

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

hm i dont know if i should try out...
Old 02-22-2005, 02:14 PM
soulDistortion
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally Posted by bensrex
Since I was directed here, I don't like the idea that "only members of the club can post". I think if someone joins DragVA who enjoys taking nice pictures, they should be able to post them. Maybe have sub-forums within this Picture Forum like... "Nature/Scenery", "Automobiles", "Bikes", "Homes", "Animals"... etc.
The entire point of this thing is for quality photographers to take quality pictures of quality cars.

If someone wants to take pictures of random emo-faggy shit, they can just throw that shit up in eye candy. This is a car site, after all.

Allowing only approved members to create threads in the newly-created section is the entire point of having the section to begin with. It's supposed to be quality over quantity. If I wanted to see 50 million threads with shitty pictures in them, I can look in eye candy for that since there are plenty already.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
SCOOBY STEVE
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
The entire point of this thing is for quality photographers to take quality pictures of quality cars.

If someone wants to take pictures of random emo-faggy shit, they can just throw that shit up in eye candy. This is a car site, after all.

Allowing only approved members to create threads in the newly-created section is the entire point of having the section to begin with. It's supposed to be quality over quantity. If I wanted to see 50 million threads with shitty pictures in them, I can look in eye candy for that since there are plenty already.
Thank you sir, now what ever happened to my name change?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

what are you getting it changed to?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:37 PM
soulDistortion
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally Posted by silent noise
Thank you sir, now what ever happened to my name change?
cack. send me a pm about it.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:52 PM
SCOOBY STEVE
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
cack. send me a pm about it.
Roger.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:38 PM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I think this is an absolutely awesome idea.

Here's my idea on how it should be:
~A seperate forum for the quality photographers with quality cars
~Only people from the 'photo crew' can create new threads
~If some fucktard from the 'photo crew' abuses it, they're out
~Anyone can reply to the threads and ask about the setting, locations, etc...
~If someone wants to be in the 'photo crew' just have them post up some pics in eye-candy, and if they don't suck, let him/her in
~Incorporate in the rules to keep the retarded inside jokes out of the forum
~Let the images be available to download for wallpapers with the DragVa logo on it (like DTMPower)
~If you want your car photographed, PM one of the 'photo crew' and if they can't do it, they'll know someone who has time
~Don't make it a private forum (i.e. let guests be able to view it, but only members can download from it)

This is only going to be sucessful in you put up very specific rules and enforce them. (The later shouldn't be a problem) For some fucking reason, people on this site are fucking uncontrolable when you don't set up rules that cover all of the bases.

This is coming at a perfect time though. We already have quite a few really good photographers (ritz, nothing, Soon2BeStangin, etc...). And there are going to be quite a few cars coming out of this site in the next few months that will give them something to take pictures of. Add that to the rest of the quality cars on here already and the photographers can pretty much choose who they want. I'm with SoulD with the need for quality pics of quality cars. Everyone thinks of this site as a bunch of 16 year old ricers with civics and fart cans, we need to show everyone that we are a maturing board with quality cars and good people. In the last few month, everyone has started to kick it up a few notches car-wise, and this would be a perfect place for them to show them off. (Or you can be like Jay and take three years, whatever) I thing it's pretty badass when I go to the NOVA DragVA meet and 300 cars show up and Drag is regularly mentioned on Bimmerforums, DTMPower, E46fanatics, etc.... (the other forums I go to) I still consider this a local 757 board and it's a trip that it's started to get the reckonition it deserves.

You can call me an idiot if you want, but those are my opinions.

Quick Reply: additions to the main site/forums.