Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.
View Poll Results: Ka-T or SR20DET
KA-T
60.42%
SR20DET
39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

KA-T or SR20DET

Old 06-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KA-T or SR20DET

Originally Posted by 2fortyD
When you gonna design an intake manifold??

i can out of mild steel, but itll weigh as much as the titanic.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EEK
haha 17 psi was fun..i can easily vouch that it was doing well over 400whp on the stock rods at the time and all it did was blew a headgasket

15psi was doing 360rwhp and spinning 245/45/16 drag radials in 3rd gear

that 3" exhaust he put on REALLY opened up breathing room for my manifold since i've never seen a KAT do 250rwhp @ 5psi on a 50trim. so i can only imagine what it was doing at higher boost.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 92 4doorsleeper
Go RB25DET

worthless as well, its a bigger SR20. no balls down low. The only reason someone would go with it is for more torque. it doesnt supply it.

worthless is a strong word but bah.....
Old 06-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FutureProspect
Im waiting for someone to drop a vq in a 240.

...or even a vk. v8 what?
i was || this close to doing it but ran outta money for the core motor. decided buying my house was more important.

but i WILL go back to it. VQ45 or VQ41 (i think i have the letters wrong) but i know they went smaller displacement in the newer models and made more power. I also want to try a titan motor. 5.6 liter WHAT!!!!!!

back in the day i raced a v8 240sx it looked like your standard SB chevy. but he ran a 12 something. i think i left him at the line even with his auto. dunno if mabye it was a stock motor.....
Old 06-10-2005, 05:42 AM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I still say LS1. Do a cam swap, make 450whp. Or hell, fab up some turbo manifolds and piping and put down 600 without a sweat.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:43 AM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

But a Titan motor would be awesome.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Shawn
I still say LS1. Do a cam swap, make 450whp. Or hell, fab up some turbo manifolds and piping and put down 600 without a sweat.

something about pulling a long shaft outta the center of a motor scares me.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:45 AM
eeterp
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Greaser
direct acting valvetrain is a biggggg plus. only the cams and intake manifold make the ka seem like a low rpm torque monster.
oh yeah, no worries about throwing a rocker arm. Phat ka-t is selling "Crower Stage 2 Cams" not sure if they open up the top end like cams do on an SR, though.

Originally Posted by 2fourtyD
Actually, my setup was very reliable and daily driven. Never had one single issue out of it once it was tuned and the initial quirks worked out. (Greaser built too btw) The only reason anything happened to it is because I up'd the boost (hose came off wastegate) somewhere between 17 and 20 psi and did around 6/7 pulls on that with stock head studs, stock headgasket.. But even with that, all that happened was a blown headgasket and needing new head studs.. One time dyno magic?? ok..

My setup: 258/245 @ 5psi
Stock SR: ~250/?? @ 14psi
no, no, no, I'm not saying ka-t isn't reliable. There is a hp limit where I would build the motor (pistons and/or rods). Same with any other motor. The SR has a higher threshold before you need to open it up. I'm not hating. The dyno magic statement was because I'm waiting for someone to post a dyno of a stock ka putting down 400whp on a boost spike and failing to mention it blew up the next day.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:54 AM
SloRSX
Modified Inline 4

SloRSX SloRSX

Im going to go SR just because of the reliability issue.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:01 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by SloRSX
Im going to go SR just because of the reliability issue.
if you want reliability..then why not just stay stock KA

Quick Reply: KA-T or SR20DET