Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Local S2000/Ferrari F40 owners dicsussion thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:09 PM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM
Default Re: Local S2000/Ferrari F40 owners dicsussion thread

Originally Posted by fish
Just now seeing this thread.

/story telling

Damn, your Laguna was perfect. Not that your current one isn't

Originally Posted by Jarrod
If/when something bad happens to my OG triple OG S.. I'll be buying a newer and lower mileage Ap2. My car has me happy because it's a 00 and it's not perfect. So I enjoy it alot more. BUT I would love to have a mint Ap2 GPW with red interior.
pick up a beater and do it. I feel the same way, I hate racking up miles on my S.

At the same time, you can't really ask for a DD that better combines fun and reliability. It just lacks space...and a tall 6th gear for highway cruising.

Last edited by POS DSM; 05-22-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by POS DSM
Damn, your Laguna was perfect. Not that your current one isn't

pick up a beater and do it. I feel the same way, I hate racking up miles on my S.

At the same time, you can't really ask for a DD that better combines fun and reliability. It just lacks space...and a tall 6th gear for highway cruising.
I was looking at newer S'. I went and looked at a 05 with 70,000 and a 06 laguna blue with 50,000. For that kind of coin I wanted a perfect car. My S I bought off a close friend for less than half what I was going to spend on the other cars. Sure it's been wrecked and sure it's a Ap1 but it has a nice top and the girlfriend and I love it. Plus if I did have a newer one right now, I'd care for it alot more than my current one. I daily drive my S, which includes going to a shipyard where people don't respect cars.

I have a 99 Civic four door for my kid. It gets 45mpg and I hardly drive it. The S is sooo much fun(and mine is stock save for a shift knob and lowering springs). AC is all new. Motor/trans is solid and the diff is okay now.

(I'm actually wishing someone would hit it. Full respray would come alot quicker)
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Pharm0r
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

Same thoughts.

Wanna get rid of mine and get a white one with tan interior. <3
Old 05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

My AP1 is a happy medium...nice enough that I enjoy spending time cleaning and taking care of it, but not so pristine that I'm afraid to take it out of the garage.

So has anyone heard or does anyone own a J's 70rr? How obnoxious am I going to be to any decent hardworking person?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
fish
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

Originally Posted by POS DSM
My AP1 is a happy medium...nice enough that I enjoy spending time cleaning and taking care of it, but not so pristine that I'm afraid to take it out of the garage.

So has anyone heard or does anyone own a J's 70rr? How obnoxious am I going to be to any decent hardworking person?
That's one thing that bugs me about my current 08 GPW, it's in showroom condition, super low miles, and I love keeping it in the garage where it's safe and clean. I put 50k miles on my Laguna, and enjoyed driving the crap out of it, so I guess I don't feel like I have to DRIVE an S2000 to appreciate it anymore.

The 70RR is probably one of the loudest exhausts for the S. Like spitting fire type loud.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM
fish
NUMBER4

Originally Posted by Jarrod
If/when something bad happens to my OG triple OG S.. I'll be buying a newer and lower mileage Ap2. My car has me happy because it's a 00 and it's not perfect. So I enjoy it alot more. BUT I would love to have a mint Ap2 GPW with red interior.
If you want a GPW w/red interior, it would have to be an 07+. The 07s having two-tone red, and the 08/09s having only red carpet and red seats. And you will pay a premium for a low mileage GPW AP2.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Cr33pin
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

Sold my white AP1 with the black an red interior an missed it dearly

I bought this one... Gonna paint it GPW next winter
Old 05-23-2013, 05:08 AM
fish
NUMBER4

Stop by SoM to check out the bumper last night. Still needs some work, but hoping to have it on the car next week. Joey had this thing looking like pure glass. Amazing considering it's fiberglass.

Also got these in not too long ago. Custom made H decals which resemble the ones that were on the Honda F1 car.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
The real Ryan
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fish
Just now seeing this thread.

Long time no see, Pete.

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
That gears lip is pretty.
Who has a Gears lip? Seeing as how I had only 1 of 4 real ones ever made 10 years ago, I'm pretty sure you are mistaken haha.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Pharm0r
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

Originally Posted by The real Ryan
Who has a Gears lip? Seeing as how I had only 1 of 4 real ones ever made 10 years ago, I'm pretty sure you are mistaken haha.
Mistaken about what? That it's pretty? Or was this you playing it cool while mentioning you had a super rare JDM bro lip? Congratulations.

Quick Reply: Local S2000/Ferrari F40 owners dicsussion thread