Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
The promo codes shows them I'm doing my job, and if the agent you talk to is any good at your job they'll make sure they're getting you what you need at the best price they can offer.
There a SF agent you'd recommend?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:47 PM
thefastone

thefastone has disabled reputation

i got geico liability insurance on an 06 gsxr 600. and i pay 32 month and they got me as an inexperienced rider
Old 03-15-2010, 03:28 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by ufctapout
There a SF agent you'd recommend?
I use Frank Owens off Laskin, but really they all should be about the same because all use the same underwriting guidelines, so just pick someone near where you live.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

everyones showing off new mods, well fukit im gonna floss a bit too....

^ oh there is STUFF in those forks.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Originally Posted by Dark-SRT4
Which company are you going through?

I'm 25 and I've used progressive since I started riding and it was:

$187/year for my 04 R6
$110/year for my 03 Aprilia Tuono
$160/year for my 04 R1
location is a big factor too, the 757 is high risk for theft and accidents, ive had progressive for about 2 years now and im older than you. same year 1000.
my record is prolly worse tho. BUt i have been told by agents that the 757 is a high risk area.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

Originally Posted by D.Nick
Wtf? So what exactly do you pay for? I'm getting a quote now and it says $183 a year, but that's without collision coverage. Does that mean if you drop your bike, you have to come out of pocket for repairs?
yep, liability cover other motorists and private and public property damage done by you in the event of an accident. thats what fixed gaurd rails and the lady's fence you rode through (just an example) Your policy will state what the max this amount is, so dont go t-boning a S600 and think your insurance will replace his Benzo.

Comprehensive covers non coliision events, such as, vandalism, theft, storm damage, flood, crap like that. You want that one if you can afford it and if you ride a lot and have to leave your bike outside, etc. If grandma back into your sh1t at the BP, and takes off and no one saw, comprehensive will take care of it.

Collision is as the name suggest, crash, bang, boom.. thats what replaces your bike when you go sliding into the ditches of pungo.

Here's the thing with full coverage on a sport bike, especially a used one, say you drop it, you break clip ons, dent the tank and bust all the right side plastics, the dealer cost for those items will put you in the 4 figure range in no time. The average 2 yo japanese sport bike is worth between 7 and 9k
you go over 60-75% of that, its totalled, so a scratched case cover, a busted headlight tab, theyre gonna factor in replacing all that. the bike is totalled in no time.
my buddy had a zx10, dropped it, broke the foot peg and litterally rashed up the plastics, tank and tail wer fine, insurance comes, sees a scratch on the frame, bam, totalled. bike was 1 year old, but the cost of a new frame alone and we havent begun to talk about the hours of labor to replace any of these items.
So yeah its cool, but them when you buy a new car a year later, they check your insurance record, they see, total loss payout.
they dont see, payout on a $5k bike, they see total loss payout. They have to go look what the amount is, will they? i doubt it.
so then your insurance rates start spikig all around, because u made a total loss claim when you couldve went on r1 forums and fixed it for about $1500, and get some trick parts while youre at it.

The rate increases over a 1 year period is usually way more than the cost of the repair, oh trust that, theyre gonna get the money back from you, for the payout they made.

so in my little humble opinion, unless youre riding some exotic italian sh1t brand new, thats worth well over $10k, then get comprehensive and liability. as full coverage just isnt worht it on our lil old used bikes.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:01 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr

You definitely need to shop that rate. That's insane. You should be at like $20ish/month imo.
by all means, enlighten me on where I should be looking. I've been with progressive FOREVER. Not really sure why actually, maybe it was just easy at the time. but then again, they make me have 2 completely separate policies for the bike(s) and the car, which I think is BS.

I am a blue collar guy thru and thru, when it comes to crap like this, i'm way outa the loop. I could build a motor blindfolded, but when it comes to this kinda thing, well, I'm outa my element.Unfortunately the state says I have to have an FR44 and have to have insurance just to keep a legal drivers license, so even if I sold both my bikes and my car, I'd still have to have insurance in order to work.

Someone here is an insurance agent, I don't remember who, but they should help a brotha out, lol.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Dark-SRT4
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by snikwad
location is a big factor too, the 757 is high risk for theft and accidents, ive had progressive for about 2 years now and im older than you. same year 1000.
my record is prolly worse tho. BUt i have been told by agents that the 757 is a high risk area.
I wouldn't doubt it, 757 has it's good/bad areas which I can understand will have a say on the price.

I doubt your record is worse than mine, last I checked I had 3 pages front & back.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

yep, liability cover other motorists and private and public property damage done by you in the event of an accident. thats what fixed gaurd rails and the lady's fence you rode through (just an example) Your policy will state what the max this amount is, so dont go t-boning a S600 and think your insurance will replace his Benzo.

Comprehensive covers non coliision events, such as, vandalism, theft, storm damage, flood, crap like that. You want that one if you can afford it and if you ride a lot and have to leave your bike outside, etc. If grandma back into your sh1t at the BP, and takes off and no one saw, comprehensive will take care of it.

Collision is as the name suggest, crash, bang, boom.. thats what replaces your bike when you go sliding into the ditches of pungo.

Here's the thing with full coverage on a sport bike, especially a used one, say you drop it, you break clip ons, dent the tank and bust all the right side plastics, the dealer cost for those items will put you in the 4 figure range in no time. The average 2 yo japanese sport bike is worth between 7 and 9k
you go over 60-75% of that, its totalled, so a scratched case cover, a busted headlight tab, theyre gonna factor in replacing all that. the bike is totalled in no time.
my buddy had a zx10, dropped it, broke the foot peg and litterally rashed up the plastics, tank and tail wer fine, insurance comes, sees a scratch on the frame, bam, totalled. bike was 1 year old, but the cost of a new frame alone and we havent begun to talk about the hours of labor to replace any of these items.
So yeah its cool, but them when you buy a new car a year later, they check your insurance record, they see, total loss payout.
they dont see, payout on a $5k bike, they see total loss payout. They have to go look what the amount is, will they? i doubt it.

so then your insurance rates start spikig all around, because u made a total loss claim when you couldve went on r1 forums and fixed it for about $1500, and get some trick parts while youre at it.

The rate increases over a 1 year period is usually way more than the cost of the repair, oh trust that, theyre gonna get the money back from you, for the payout they made.

so in my little humble opinion, unless youre riding some exotic italian sh1t brand new, thats worth well over $10k, then get comprehensive and liability. as full coverage just isnt worht it on our lil old used bikes.
That's actually pretty spot on, except for the bold parts. With GEICO, we actually do see the payouts, and I thank that's pretty standard because I belive we all look at the same reports. Payout is a huge factor, but once you've reached the "threshold" for the company charging you for it, we don't care how much over the threshold you are, you're over. I.E. Let's say you had a fender bender for like $1400 total payout for both vehicles. The threshold is $1001. You're getting charged the same as you would have it you would have if you caused $50,000 in damages. Now, as a sales agent, I see you had a $40,000 payout and I'm trying to sell this policy to you by saying shit like "This is a great rate considering you have that one ticket and that huge payout!" when in reality it's the same rate as if you had a $1002 payout.

The second bold part is dead accurate though. Insurance is a business. They are making money off you. However, the insurance industry as a whole hasn't made a profit on premiums since, I believe, the '70s. They take your premium, invest it, and turn your $1000/year into 10,000 and so on and so on. But yea, if you have activity, you are being charged for it. If you have a sport bike and you think the rate's ridiculous it is. Look at the statistics. It's something like 40% of all sportbikes are totalled out within the first two years. So yea, if you're 19, just bought an 2010 R1, have three speeding tickets you're not a high risk, you're a wreck waiting to happen, and as a business they don't want to lose money. So the bike is worth 10K, you fall within their rating guidelines and they legally have to offer you a policy, but they say here, you want it, you're paying for it. Those morons you see racing and revving and wheelie'n all over the roadway, not only are they the ones giving us a bad name, chances are they are the ones fucking up your rates, too.

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
by all means, enlighten me on where I should be looking. I've been with progressive FOREVER. Not really sure why actually, maybe it was just easy at the time. but then again, they make me have 2 completely separate policies for the bike(s) and the car, which I think is BS.

I am a blue collar guy thru and thru, when it comes to crap like this, i'm way outa the loop. I could build a motor blindfolded, but when it comes to this kinda thing, well, I'm outa my element.Unfortunately the state says I have to have an FR44 and have to have insurance just to keep a legal drivers license, so even if I sold both my bikes and my car, I'd still have to have insurance in order to work.

Someone here is an insurance agent, I don't remember who, but they should help a brotha out, lol.
Keeping autos and cycles on seperate policies is pretty standard. It allows the company to rate for the two dramatically different vehicles accurately, without losing all your business if one rate isn't to your liking. Now, as far your insurance I thought you said you had two tickets, but if you need to file an FR-44, that kind of leads me to believe there's something else fucking your rate up. PM me and we'll talk.

Last edited by MA-HALF-E; 03-15-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Hammer Down
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down

whoa, to much reading at one time for me here.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread