Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

teenager (under 18) racing.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
bonestock94
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bonestock94 has disabled reputation
Default Re: teenager (under 18) racing.

Oh, I think I've seen this car on old oyster point in NN a bunch of times. Always speeding and horribly loud.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:35 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Ninja11
autoX sounds fun but i wouldnt wanna embarass myself. whats the usual cost of entry?
Don't feel bad, I go, all the other vette guys demolish me. Hell, jason lisner, a teenager, drove my car, drove 2 seconds faster than I could in all my runs. And he had never driven my car before. . .
Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 AM
TPH-DC2
Registered Member

TPH-DC2 has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: teenager (under 18) racing.

let him be... he needs to make decisions for himself...give him advice and support...thats about the best thing you can do...because if you do not allow him then he will do it behind your back...
Old 09-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Sandfrog
Registered Member

Sandfrog has disabled reputation

Only reason he would do it behind your back is because he does not respect your wishes. Either your not "cool" enough or "hard" enough, either way it's gaining his respect because he's not compulsive or stupid enough to do it anyway. If he's doing this anyway, he just doesn't care. Venting his "need for speed" will help but he's not going to keep it at the tracks. You might want to get him involved in a trusted car club that may teach him some values with people there he would respect. At his age, he's going to do whatever he believes is cool to the people closest to him.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:49 PM
enot767
Registered member

enot767 has disabled reputation

i learned this the hardway - 3 tickets on my provisionals all moving violations but only convicted of 2. trust me your son will learn one way or another.. specially how in MD you have 30 days to think about that after your 2nd offense, and 180 days if you get a 3rd conviction.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:38 AM
DUSTINHOPPEL
Registered Member

DUSTINHOPPEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NoRider
A bit slow on the learning curve huh solo??? lol how did you get -24?! Isn't the max they can take off like 6?
no when i was younger i had a -34 still have the dmv report to prove it, man im glad my dumb days are over
Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
KingNOthingFTW
Registered member

KingNOthingFTW has disabled reputation

You can race at wacky wed. at Langley if you're under 18 with a parent's signature.

I learned the hard way as well. It's really the best way to learn. Thankfully im not as rock headed as some of these other people with their -24 and shizz, mines only -2 or -3. Im done, hah.

My mom started doing the same thing for me though. She looked up auto x courses for me and offered to come watch and ride. It's really helpful having someone like that
Old 09-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by KingNOthingFTW
You can race at wacky wed. at Langley if you're under 18 with a parent's signature.

I learned the hard way as well. It's really the best way to learn. Thankfully im not as rock headed as some of these other people with their -24 and shizz, mines only -2 or -3. Im done, hah.

My mom started doing the same thing for me though. She looked up auto x courses for me and offered to come watch and ride. It's really helpful having someone like that
Wrong. This has already been discussed in this thread. You have to 18 to drive at wacky wed.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 PM
tripp985
Registered Member

tripp985 is a name known to alltripp985 is a name known to alltripp985 is a name known to alltripp985 is a name known to alltripp985 is a name known to alltripp985 is a name known to alltripp985 is a name known to all

no racen jacon raced there hes under 18
Old 09-18-2008, 04:05 AM
AE Guy
Toyota Fan

AE Guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NismoSE-R
Wrong. If your under 18 you need a competitive racing license.

^
Read above!!! Jason's had a comp license longer than a driver's license.

no racen jacon raced there hes under 18

Quick Reply: teenager (under 18) racing.