Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The Fast and Furious was filmed in Roanoke, VA

Old 05-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: The Fast and Furious was filmed in Roanoke, VA

Oh, and for those of you who said twin turbos on a 4 cylinder was useless...

Old 05-21-2004, 09:22 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

yeah, but you remember the power numbers they were doing on that? kinda shitty for a TT setup. main reason that twins on a four banger suck is due to lack of exhaust flow to spool them.....you are pretty much forced to use a small turbine since it is easier to spool, and that limits the amout of compressor wheels that you can use correctly.

like i say, no replacement for displacement. period.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:27 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Oh, and for those of you who said twin turbos on a 4 cylinder was useless...

i guess you could say it looks cool :shrug: but that doesnt mean it isnt useless...
Old 05-21-2004, 09:40 AM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
yeah, but you remember the power numbers they were doing on that? kinda shitty for a TT setup. main reason that twins on a four banger suck is due to lack of exhaust flow to spool them.....you are pretty much forced to use a small turbine since it is easier to spool, and that limits the amout of compressor wheels that you can use correctly.

*couldnt find agree, so i used stupid*

.....garan why would you want to go for looks if your going for performance and if your twin turboing a 4cyl, you must be desperate for some kind of performance...
Old 05-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

400 hp with no lag sounds good to me....
Old 05-21-2004, 10:37 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

but wasnt that teh setup that was on a RS and was blowing engines left and right? i havent heard alot of good about it, its cool and all, but the amount of money invested in it, and tuning issues were main concerns i have seen. the management end of that setup was rigged all to hell.....

however, remember that a subaru engine is different then a I4 engine for TT....you have two cylinders firing one after another, per bank, so there is a little more exhaust velocity then two cylinders on a I4 engine. has to do alot with the firing order...

it had lag...just not as much as a larger turbo on a WRX would. still cool, but the gaudy ass hood that i saw on one with that setup was sick.....
Old 05-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

however, remember that a subaru engine is different then a I4 engine for TT....you have two cylinders firing one after another, per bank, so there is a little more exhaust velocity then two cylinders on a I4 engine. has to do alot with the firing order...
That's because all cars are inferior to Subaru....

But, I think the stock RS hood would work with that setup. That's the reason for the strangely shaped IC. I know they had a few problems, but they have stopped selling the "kit" and now only offer it if you bring your car to them.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:58 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spooln4
How much $$$ does he have?.....
:hijacked:
Man I saw the new fmic on your car at the mall. Looks very nice, but damn you need to put a screen or something over it so it does not get damaged. Especially with the nice chunks of road we have around here.

Last edited by srt4hokie; 05-21-2004 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
:hijacked:
Man I saw the new fmic on your car at the mall. Looks very nice, but damn you need to put a screen or something over it so it does not get damaged. Especially with the nice chunks of road we have around here.
I agree, I just can't seem to make myself hide it behind a screen, that would be a sin . Thanks for the compliment!
Old 05-21-2004, 03:42 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I agree, I just can't seem to make myself hide it behind a screen, that would be a sin . Thanks for the compliment!

I wanna buy one just like that for the same price as yours lol *JEALOUS!*