Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

replacing spark plugs from an SLR mclaren...

Old 10-19-2004 | 09:48 PM
HP Solutions
Not Yet

HP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these parts
Default Re: replacing spark plugs from an SLR mclaren...

Originally Posted by Shawn
Well, I dont buy a car because it has some uber engineered motor. I could care less about that. If i wanted HP/Liter, i would have gotten a Bike. HP/Liter doesnt win races. Besides, you can have all of the peak hp in the world, without area under the curve it means nothing.

And people are getting 500whp out of a cam only LSx cars. If you do that math, thats ~570 crank hp, which is 100hp/l. Now that is 100hp/liter with only 2 valves, pushrods, and a radically larger powerband. What is more impressive to you, 500whp or 200whp?
Just a number is not going to impress me, its what you use to make that #. If you are going to compare hp to liter; 282whp all motor 2.0L = 141hp per liter. 520whp all motor 5.7L = 91hp per liter. With both having comparalbe power under the curve.

But it is cool that all you have to do to an LS6 in a z06 is a cam and some headers and you have 10's.

Different strokes for different fokes. All i was saying the whole time is that hemi/pent roof head has some advantages in performance.
And the pushrod motors have simplicity and can still makes lots of power.

O and bikes cant really be compared to well to cars. Whole different thing.

Last edited by HP Solutions; 10-19-2004 at 09:50 PM.