Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:27 AM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Also ran across a place that will mount bike tires for $10... unfortunately they cannot balance them.

But!, most local shops will balance them for $10...

So... you would have to go 2 places ... but mount and balance for $20
Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 AM
endemic
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

Jardine GP1 Slips on installed.

I need to finish my 1/12 ducati

pics!

Last edited by endemic; 04-03-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Hammer Down
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down

well I have been out in the garage all day. Striping the bike down for paint. Just ordered all the parts to rebuild the forks with racetech springs. All tune up (plugs, filter, ect ordered) just changed the oil. Also got sprockets and chain on the way as well today. I just put the stuff i bought in "post your latestest purchase thread". Will be here thursday with the forks, and I am hoping to have the bike painted and all back together for a weekend ride. Since its my first time rebuilding the forks, should be a good learning experience.

Anyone wants to lend a hand? LMK - Free beer and steaks !!

Edit: Also making a shorty exhaust out of the existing stock one. Starting on that tonight. Showing off that SSSA a lil more
Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
rollingstock
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
Also ran across a place that will mount bike tires for $10... unfortunately they cannot balance them.

But!, most local shops will balance them for $10...

So... you would have to go 2 places ... but mount and balance for $20

and for $10-15 more u can just go to one shop... ur'll end up saving time and gas that way... i dont get why everyone on here is so fucking cheap when it comes to buying/mounting tires..

do u ppl do this shit with car/truck/van tires?... i for one do not want sum halfass putting tire on my bike.. since there are only has 2 wheels...
Old 04-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Hammer Down
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down

foamin?

I will use this for example. My buddy, got a dunlop rear tire on his 87 vfr. dismount the old, remount the new, and balanced for 178 dollars. Shopping around is the way to go.

Maybe we arent ballers like yourself. Shit, I replace the tires myself then take them to shop to get balanced for 5 dollars per tire. Remount them on the bike myself. Front and rear mich. pilots for 170 bucks.

Being cheap leaves more money for better mods or rent, cell phone, or even the titties at the club.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
rollingstock
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 2wheel`tone
foamin?

I will use this for example. My buddy, got a dunlop rear tire on his 87 vfr. dismount the old, remount the new, and balanced for 178 dollars. Shopping around is the way to go.

Maybe we arent ballers like yourself. Shit, I replace the tires myself then take them to shop to get balanced for 5 dollars per tire. Remount them on the bike myself. Front and rear mich. pilots for 170 bucks.

Being cheap leaves more money for better mods or rent, cell phone, or even the titties at the club.
im not foaming.. just sick of everyone bitching and trying to be tight asses... you own a toy.. if you dont have the money to keep it up then sell it for sumthing thats in your means.. i shop around, i buy alot of stuff on ebay, used, online forums, but i dont ever bitch about having to pay.. it sucks spending money. i work 7days a week most weeks.. iv mounted tires using srewdrivers before just to "try" and save money.. would rather spend the money to have it done.. why do u think alot of shops are going under?.. maybe alot of them suck but mostly b.c ppl come in there and want to get work done for free, they want new parts cheaper than used parts.. and ebay ha alot is over than just buying local. i know i buy alot of stuff from there but most aftermarket parts cost more on there.. gear is 10times more. ie my helmet 29.99 local and its 99.99 on ebay..
Old 04-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Hammer Down
Doing work mofo

Originally Posted by rollingstock
im not foaming.. just sick of everyone bitching and trying to be tight asses... you own a toy.. if you dont have the money to keep it up then sell it for sumthing thats in your means.. i shop around, i buy alot of stuff on ebay, used, online forums, but i dont ever bitch about having to pay.. it sucks spending money. i work 7days a week most weeks.. iv mounted tires using srewdrivers before just to "try" and save money.. would rather spend the money to have it done.. why do u think alot of shops are going under?.. maybe alot of them suck but mostly b.c ppl come in there and want to get work done for free, they want new parts cheaper than used parts.. and ebay ha alot is over than just buying local. i know i buy alot of stuff from there but most aftermarket parts cost more on there.. gear is 10times more. ie my helmet 29.99 local and its 99.99 on ebay..
Because the economy is doing so great these days?

I cant find anything in the cycle shops that is cheaper than buying it online. You can blame internet for wholesalers to have min. overhead.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:43 AM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

and for $10-15 more u can just go to one shop... ur'll end up saving time and gas that way... i dont get why everyone on here is so fucking cheap when it comes to buying/mounting tires..

do u ppl do this shit with car/truck/van tires?... i for one do not want sum halfass putting tire on my bike.. since there are only has 2 wheels...
Ok... yea.. your right... $10 - $15 PER TIRE!!! each bike has 2... and its more like $15 - $25.. cause the cheapest I have found is $35 per tire... So... call it $15... that is $30 per bike..

Dare I say it? OH YEA!!! I have 4 bikes (03 R6 (selling), 04 R6 (girls), 05 R6 (selling to my brother), and 06 R6s (mine)) that I am putting tires on right now.. so that is $120 that I am saving... HMMM... I wonder if I could buy another chain around that price so I can replace the one on my girls?

YUP... add a little money to what I am saving and BAM!!! She gets a new chain!!! Not to mention... that we just paid $165 for her bike to be inspected. Plus just bought another bike... and I bought about $400 in parts to put that 05 R6 back together. I still have to buy my tires... which I should be getting next week... along with hers. So.. yea... I will save money every chance I can get.

And I mean ... really? You know me... I make it by being a tight ass...

and before you say anything about selling my "TOYS" cause I cant afford them.... my driving record clears in about 6 months and I go back to making lots of money. And I love my Z and my bikes.

edit:
I am sure that Jake is looking for every penny that he can save right now too...

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 04-04-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:15 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 2wheel`tone
Because the economy is doing so great these days?

I cant find anything in the cycle shops that is cheaper than buying it online. You can blame internet for wholesalers to have min. overhead.
while that is true, alot of shops, mine included (not my call to make), will charge you more labor to install parts you didn't buy from them. AND they won't warranty parts that weren't ordered from them.

Case in point, I recently installed a set of angel eyes in a zx14 that they guy bought off e-bay. They weren't the greatest quality, and within a couple days the trim piece between the ends of the light ring had come off on ALL FOUR lights, and was bouncing around inside the headlight. Now, this had NOTHING to do with my install, just poor quality, but because they were not parts bought from my shop, we could not warranty said parts, so the guy ended up paying quite a bit of labor to have his headlight pulled apart TWICE. Granted, I cut him a MAJOR break of the second time b/c I felt bad for the guy, but had he bought the parts thru my shop, we would have taken care of the problem at no charge.

The point is.... support your local bike shops! You take care of them and they will take care of you. If you're installing your own parts, then more power to you, but don't be surprised if you bring your bike to a shop with a box of parts that you bought online, and the shop is not happy about installing those parts. AND, if you bought crappy parts and they break and/or fit like crap, that's on you, not the guy installing them, keep that in mind (although that is alot more prevalent in the harley/"custom" world than it is the sportbike world, from my experience)
Old 04-04-2010, 05:33 AM
Hammer Down
Doing work mofo

Originally Posted by skr00zloose

The point is.... support your local bike shops! You take care of them and they will take care of you.
I agree with that statement. Every part I bought yesterday came from Honda house on 360. Minus the chain and sprocket. Now I may install alot of parts to save money, and the fact that I like to do those things. But I also need those shops when it comes time to sync carbs, replace clutch packs, ect.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread