Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Spotted a red 4th gen Prelude with a nice Road race style wing and what looked to be carbon canards on the front, on brambleton today. Very clean, and fairly quiet! Never seen it around here before...i wonder if someone just finished building their race car.
That thing because is racecar,for sure.
The guy stopped me one day when I was driving my hatchback.He was talking about all this crazy stuff he was going to do to his car,and he has done it.......Cosmetic-wise anyway.I don't think he has any intention of tracking it or anything,just copying the kind of mods you see on all the Super Street hard parker cars.

On another note,last saturday I saw a white S13 with gold wheels and some kind of number plates on the doors.Really good looking car!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

It was my Jeep. People mistake it for a 240 all the time.. and it's not a FMIC--it's just my radiator.

Also, it's red, not gold.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

EVERYONE around here has a 240sx now and they're all S13's too! makes me want to ditch mine. ive been considering some other options lately...

edit- and super-fail for prelude dudeman. i am srs disappoint. Its a good looking car, but the fact that its all cosmetic only, makes me sad.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 08-25-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:11 PM
boostdtalon
Registered Member

boostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I like my VR-4. ^^^^
Old 08-25-2011, 07:00 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
EVERYONE around here has a 240sx now and they're all S13's too! makes me want to ditch mine. ive been considering some other options lately...

edit- and super-fail for prelude dudeman. i am srs disappoint. Its a good looking car, but the fact that its all cosmetic only, makes me sad.
I was driving behind him the other day,and every time he'd go over a bump the stanchions for the rear wing would sway several inches to each side.I seriously thought it was going to fall off.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:23 PM
pieisgude
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Corey, don't get an SC300...
Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

You're a little late realizing 240's are the hipster car of the moment. Roanoke's a little behind, I guess, but it's not like they're a brand new trendy car.

What would you get next.. S2000?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Corey, don't get an SC300...
im not.

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
You're a little late realizing 240's are the hipster car of the moment. Roanoke's a little behind, I guess, but it's not like they're a brand new trendy car.

What would you get next.. S2000?
I know 240's are very popular cars, but there weren't many 240's around before i bought mine. seems like they started popping up more and more since then...or maybe i just notice them more. who knows?

and FUCK NO! to the s2k. I'll only get rid of the coupe if i can get a bone stock kouki S14, or a super clean zenki S14...yeah yeah, still a 240sx...but s14's are a little less common lol.

I want to start a serious long term project, but i want it to be a newer and cleaner car than my coupe. Ive got a long list of plans i would love to follow through with, but it would be a year or so before i could actually begin such an adventure. I only settled for the coupe because it was a great deal, and all the parts i already had for the hatch would work with the coupe. Its not the car i want to continue to invest the majority of my income on, so im not going to keep building it. Once i get the SR20 in, the suspension finished and my brakes replaced, im not putting anymore money into the coupe...im just going to drive it and save my money for something better.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 08-25-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:44 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

You're noticing them more. There have always been a lot of 240's around here, and there have been several SR20DET 240's running around here since I was about 15 or 16 that I know of. When I say several, I mean at least 4 that I know of. I think WD's newest 240 is right hand drive.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 AM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
That thing because is racecar,for sure.
The guy stopped me one day when I was driving my hatchback.He was talking about all this crazy stuff he was going to do to his car,and he has done it.......Cosmetic-wise anyway.I don't think he has any intention of tracking it or anything,just copying the kind of mods you see on all the Super Street hard parker cars.

On another note,last saturday I saw a white S13 with gold wheels and some kind of number plates on the doors.Really good looking car!
that's Tony's (Tokyo Express). Same wheels as me

Quick Reply: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD