Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 09-02-2010 | 06:40 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
based on the convo via FB we had, I is not impressed with your high dollar plugs. put the proper NGK's in it and go from there. Every japanese bike on the planet (for the most part) comes with NGK's as standard equipment.... wanna know why?

They work! even Honda's "reboxed" OEM plugs are NGK's.
Old 09-02-2010 | 06:41 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Yeah... that's the only thing that bothers me, is the price I paid for them. Could just be shitty for the R6, but work great in other setups. Live and learn, I guess.
Old 09-02-2010 | 06:43 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
based on the convo via FB we had, I is not impressed with your high dollar plugs. put the proper NGK's in it and go from there. Every japanese bike on the planet (for the most part) comes with NGK's as standard equipment.... wanna know why?

They work! even Honda's "reboxed" OEM plugs are NGK's.
Quiet you, lol. Does your shop have fuel filters? Went by Aggressor Cycles (since they're close to my house), and they had them on backorder, along with CR10EKs.
Old 09-02-2010 | 06:45 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

Yeah... that's the only thing that bothers me, is the price I paid for them. Could just be shitty for the R6, but work great in other setups. Live and learn, I guess.
troof.

that being said, just because it's the "latest and greatest" doesn't mean it's better, especially if it's expensive as hell. Marketing is a mo-fo, and it'll bite you in the ass at some point.

People have been trying to "re-invent the wheel" for as long as time, but the fact is, a round wheel rolls, don't overcomplicate it.
Old 09-02-2010 | 06:46 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

have low-pressure (like with a carb'ed bike) filters in stock, I know we have cr9ek's, not sure on the 10's, have to check in the AM.
Old 09-02-2010 | 06:51 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

have low-pressure (like with a carb'ed bike) filters in stock, I know we have cr9ek's, not sure on the 10's, have to check in the AM.
Word. I may swing by there. Shoot me a text, 7 5 7 three three four three six seven four. Part number for the filter is 4TV-24560-00-00.
Old 09-02-2010 | 07:30 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

Word. I may swing by there. Shoot me a text, 7 5 7 three three four three six seven four. Part number for the filter is 4TV-24560-00-00.
I assume you want and OEM filter based on the part number, that I don't have, and neither is anyone else going to have in-stock, I thought you meant a generic in-line filter, my bad.
Old 09-02-2010 | 07:33 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Eh, any filter that will fit and work is fine by me.
Old 09-02-2010 | 07:45 PM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

troof.

that being said, just because it's the "latest and greatest" doesn't mean it's better, especially if it's expensive as hell. Marketing is a mo-fo, and it'll bite you in the ass at some point.

People have been trying to "re-invent the wheel" for as long as time, but the fact is, a round wheel rolls, don't overcomplicate it.
This exactly. Too many people try to pass off gimmicks as "science"
Hint:The Turbonator.

For example: people have been trying to tell me that I need to add/rig up dual webers and fuel injection for my 40 year old Honda because it'll run like a banshee.

Why the fuck do I want to run like a banshee on a 40 year old bike?

Besides... It may be a little more efficient/easier to start and change altitude, but it removes the soul and purpose from the beast.

However... I will be getting a dyna2000 setup (with appropriate coils) so I can get the most out of my spark, not have to replace points all the time and also so I can run an electronic tach / speedo.
I already have some Keihin CRs ready to go. I just need some new carb holder boots.

anywho... I'm getting off topic, and slightly aroused.

back to you: it's always not about what's latest and greatest.
but it is certainly always about what is appropriate.

those plugs are meant for racecars, not streetbikes.
Old 09-02-2010 | 07:54 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Yeah. I mean, I tried doing some research, but majority of forums were people asking other people if they had tried them. So I figured I would try them. Like I said, live and learn.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread